Minecraft Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zikron

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I found a thread on these forums from December '10 where they recommended this machine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115863&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=1y2fbw57otkpr

However, if you follow the link you will see that model is no longer available and close to 6 months have gone by since then.

I have a good gaming rig already where I plan on doing most of my gaming. This machine's purpose will be surfing the web, streaming Netflix and playing Minecraft since my wife has taken a very strong liking (borderline addiction) to that game. I would like to get a machine on the cheap if possible so between $300-$400 but I am somewhat flexible especially if I could move up to a rig that can handle something like Starcraft 2 and Team Fortress 2.

My goal is to identify the different models and possibly look for them used, on eBay etc. so a $500 retail price isn't out of the question. Please do not recommend any HP products. I owned a DV9700 with an Intel chip which HP refused to repair even though they repaired the AMD counterpart with the same problem and will not do business with them again.

Zikron

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Thanks, I found that. I figured if NewEgg stopped carrying it though it was probably discontinued and there may be something better out there. It is also possibly that because it was discontinued that the price for the model has gone up, I have seen this in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.