2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Probably 14in or more. See bottom.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not picky. Whatever looks good.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 4hrs of non gaming. (college)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Borderlands, Crysis(original) Supreme Commander, other steam stuff. Probably medium settings. If it can run Borderlands good, Ill love it!
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
eh.....Perhaps 500gb? maybe less and ill get an external drive.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Probably ASUS. See below.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Ok so heres the deal. I just recently got an Alienware M11x with an i5 processor, came out to about $860. I like it but i have a few gripes. I am not a fan of the rather small 11in display. I have yet to game with it so im unsure of its performance. The lack of an optical drive worries me as well. So I'm wondering...could i return this and perhaps buy a similar ASUS with perhaps a bigger screen. Im not exactly wowed by my M11 but i rather like it. Id need portable for college life and with a decent enough battery for classes. But with some good gaming ability for my down time . So shoot some recommendations at me! Maybe buy an external monitor for my apartment when I go to college?
In a nutshell: Good battery, portability, reliability, and gaming.
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.