Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
im sure you can do it through power managment. thats how i done mine because when i go to shut down the hibernation pissed me off so i went to power management and you can switch it on or off there.

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Check out the power management options in bios. Also, even though I have this option in power options, I don't have it in start/ turn off. See also if u have in power/advanced the option to asign power buttons. I used the sleep button (from the keyboard) for hibernate and it works just fine.
P.S. You also need more than 300MB of hdd space for the hibernation. Make sure u have it

Romania is a beautiful country, unfortunately it's inhabited.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ciuly on 01/20/03 09:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

true_Grumworth

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
Yeah, BUT!!!
I don't have the Hibernate Page in the Power Management Options! It is gone after i turned the Hibernation off from here.
More than 300 mb is free...

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Something is weird with THG forum. First I see that I posted twice and when I erase one, they are both gone. Ah well.
I know that there is not hibernate page in bios, but maybe there is something that is disabled (like going to suspend mode or something). Deppends on the bios. But try in Win Xp control pannel/power options properties/. Do u have the hibernate menu? If not, try at advanced/power buttons to set the sleep button for hibernate (some other options are: do nothing, sleep, shut down). If you don't have hibernate in there than almost sure there is something in bios that needs to be changed. Check out the mobo manual.

Romania is a beautiful country, unfortunately it's inhabited.