Computer won't boot to OS

Lazmarr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I transferred the components of my PC to a much larger case and now it won't boot to windows 7, but it did boot to it a few times.
Instead of booting to windows 7, I'm quite sure, the computer is trying to boot to an old windows vista OS that I had tried to replace, without much success, and so it boots to windows recovery and repair when I cancel the recovery and repair, the computer restarts and goes back to recovery and repair.
I'm not sure how to fix this so any help would be appreciated.
If you need anymore info, just ask.

darkmendez

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
did u check the Power Supply Unit and the auxiliary power to see if it is in properly and if all else fails and redo your OS.....it might corrupt. But before u redo it, take whatever is in your Hard drive that is important and put it on another hard drive.

Lazmarr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure I have all the leads connected up right, the only trouble I had was with the F_panel. I was transferring my fujitsu esprimo p2560 to a larger case, because it was overheating, and the front panel cables, in the larger case, were different to the ones in the esprimo's.
However the computer was booting to windows7 fine, and then stopped booting to windows 7 and instead wants to boot to windows repair and recovery, which I presume is trying to repair my old windows vista OS.

I didn't really want to reinstall my OS, but if I have to, how can I take off what's on it?

Edit: In reply to RealBeast, the funny thing is, I've been looking for that disc all day XD

I have to agree with the majority on this and say that the bootcfg (or bootloader) is trashed. As long as your installation is legitimate, you can download the corresponding ISO file from Digital River, found HERE , and attempt to do a startup repair that way.

If you have recovery media already though, that is the best action as it's configured for your computer.

Worse comes to worse, you may need to take the drive out that has all your data on it, reinstall 7 onto the other drive, and then use a program called Recuva to get the files off the drive that already has 7 on it.