MN700 - VPN not working over wireless

My internet access works great both connected directly to
the MN700 router and over a wireless connection. My VPN
access works great when directly connected to the router,
but does not work over wireless connection. I get an
error message: "Missing Default Gateway MAC Address"

I have tried turing WEP off but this does not resolve the
issue. I do not understand why the VPN connection does
not work via a wireless connection but does work when
directly connected to the MN700.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
4 answers Last reply
More about mn700 working wireless

    Many are having problems with VPN on the MN700.

    That's what it looks like...it's just strange that I have
    no problem with VPN on the MN700 when I am physically
    connected to it with a network cable but it doesn't work
    with a wireless adapter.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    The problem is that you need to be running WPA to be able to use a VPN
    over wireless. The solutions are either use WPA for wireless security
    or just use a wired connection when doing a VPN. This issue is actually
    created by the OS & will happen with other wireless routers as well.

    Eric wrote:

    > My internet access works great both connected directly to
    > the MN700 router and over a wireless connection. My VPN
    > access works great when directly connected to the router,
    > but does not work over wireless connection. I get an
    > error message: "Missing Default Gateway MAC Address"
    >
    > I have tried turing WEP off but this does not resolve the
    > issue. I do not understand why the VPN connection does
    > not work via a wireless connection but does work when
    > directly connected to the MN700.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Eric

    assistance.

    time.

    It's because the MN-700 is not the correct type of server when it is not
    using WPA. If you enable WPA on the MN-700 it becomes able to deal with
    802.1x authentication which is the problem. This is not an issue on a
    wired connection because the connection does not have to bridge from
    wireless to a wired connection.

    So the solutions are either use WPA or use a wire when you do your VPN
    connection. Those are the only options I have found so far.

    Eric wrote:

    > That's what it looks like...it's just strange that I have
    > no problem with VPN on the MN700 when I am physically
    > connected to it with a network cable but it doesn't work
    > with a wireless adapter.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    assistance.

    time.

Routers Wireless Connection vpn Networking