Gaming laptop - cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteMeme89

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
1. What is your budget? Sub $700

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? A large screen would be best. Max weight 4 p.

3. What screen resolution do you want? Not an issue.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need? Not really an issue, it will be plugged in most of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? 3d demanding games, such as Sims 3 at max settings (all high)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Playing Sims 3 alot, without freezing, lag, or other problems.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No sites. Stores...

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Ideally 4 years and up.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVDs and CDs, Bluray not essential.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Acer, HP....

13. What country do you live in? Sweden.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Multimedia laptop, also for photo storage, music, and high quality gaming.

4GB of RAM or more. 6GB maybe?
i5 or i7 processor would be great.
500GB hard drive.
Thank u soo much!

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
I don't think it's possible to have a cheap/high performance/ultra portable. You will either have to compromise on one or more.

Assuming 4p means 4 pounds then you are limiting it to a 13-14 inch probably less if you are including a discrete graphics card which you will need for gaming.

The sims 3 is not exactly "demanding" even with max settings. The sims 3 is weird because even at 70-80 fps it still lags and freezes for me and I have actually stopped playing it for a long time because of that. I just tried it again today to see if they fixed the problems but it is still the same, I think it is the actual game engine.

If it will be plugged in most of the time why not get a desktop? Then you can get the performance and within budget. You could also get a netbook later if you still need a portable for things other than gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.