Re-install, no drivers or anyhting.

huggles12

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I have a toshiba l650 laptop. I installed windows 7 professional 64 bit on it, it originally had 32 bit but I had a product key and iso lying around so i upgraded.

Now that I have upgraded, I have no drivers or anything. Screen resolution won't go above 1024x768, no network access, whether it be wired or wireless. I downloaded new drivers from the toshiba site but when I try to install them they fail after a few seconds.

I used the same disc to install windows 7 on to an older computer about 3 days and it worked without a hitch, so I'm bit lost on what to do.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks.

Start with the chipset and lan drivers. download them to usb or whatever using a suitable pc.
The toshiba site should have them. look carefully to see that the device type matches the chipset and lan that you have.
Check for 32 or 64 bit dependencies; most of the time, the drivers work for both, but not always.

If the toshiba drivers do not work, go to intel/amd web sites for their appropriate chipset drivers.

Your screen resolution is the default, what you get with no drivers.
To get your full resolution, you will need to install the graphics drivers for your video adapter or integrated cpu.

Can you call toshiba support and find out what make or model is the chip that supports the Esata port?
Then look on that vendor's web site to find a driver.
If you download and install a driver for a device you don't have, no harm will be done, or you might get a message.