Robert

I'm trying to install my wireless notebook adapter mn-
520. I had it install on my laptop and it was working
fine. A couple of months ago I had to reformat my
harddrive, but I never got around to installing my
wireless card. Well, now I want to install it but it's
not working.

I put in the installation CD and all the software in
installed fine until the setup wizard asks me to put the
card in the PCMCIA slot. The setup wizard says it will
automatically continue once I insert the card. I insert
the card but the setup wizard does not continue. The
card is receiving power because the power LED light is
on, however the wireless LED light is not on. I know
that I am well within the range of the base station
because I'm in the library and everyone around me is
getting a signal, even people sitting further away from
the base station than me.

Any help would be appreciated!

What OS?

oh, sorry...
XP with SP2

Do not install the MS Network Util, the XP one will work
just fine. You just need to install the drivers for the
mn520.

joker

Wow Turtle actually posted something correct.

Turtle wrote:

> Do not install the MS Network Util, the XP one will work
> just fine. You just need to install the drivers for the
> mn520.

assistance.

time.

joker

If what Turtle suggested doesn't work you might try downloading the
following file "MSBNDownload.exe (13MB)" over at
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
as that contains the latest BNU & network card drivers for the MN-520.