RumblePen

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
I installed Catalyst 3.0 on XP professional, with DirectX 9 already installed, and now I am unable to set my AGP. I uninstalled 3.0 and re-installed 2.5 and again, my AGP setting remains on off.

ciuly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Can it be that (as far as I know) the directx9 is still beta version and causing alot of probs?

Romania is a beautiful country, unfortunately it's inhabited.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Dx9 isn't beta. I'm fairly sure the 3.0 drivers aren't beta anymore either.

Startup in safe mode and go back to a restore point (hope you made one).

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

The only problem I have right now is that my icons are completely messed up when I exit a game like Battlefield: 1942 that doesn't play at 1280 x 1024 (my desktop resolution). Playing at 1600 x 1200 would probably fix the problem, but I don't think my 8500 can handle it.

What it boils down to is that my icons used to go back to where they belonged when I switched from a lower resolution back to my normal one. This wasn't a DirectX problem, because it did it with 8.1. I switched to 9 in hopes of fixing the problem, but no such luck.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
My computer locked while playing BF1942 single player last night after a couple months a running well. I've updated BF to ver.1.2 and was running fine on Cat.2.5 (completed 5 missions). Had to clean install OS for new hdd and decided I'd try Cat.3.0. All other games run well, 007 Nightfire has played for hours with no sign of error. Hard locked with no looping sound after half of one mission :( Gonna go back to 2.5 I think.

:eek: <b>Who needs heatsinks and fans, I have an igloo</b> :eek:

TRENDING THREADS