I have an HP 2509m and an HIS ATI Radeon HD 5870 and on an HDMI connect. My resolution is 1920x1080 and it does not fill the entire screen, it just is a box in the center of the monitor with about 3-inches of a black box around it. I have all the latest drivers.
Open CCC by right clicking on the desktop and opening the software app. Follow these steps for scaling options.
1. Click on “Graphics” this will give you a drop down menu
2. Click on “Desktop and Displays”
3. Click on Detect Displays
4. Select the TV or Monitor from the bottom list
5. A icon with a TV or Monitor will show up under the words “Please select a display”
6. Right Click on the Icon and select “Configure”
7. This will bring you to a new window
8. Click on the tab “Scaling Options”
9. Use the slider to adjust the screen accordingly to your preference.