Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 not making it past start screen

Last response: in Windows 7
February 4, 2013 4:29:27 AM

That's basicly it. Running Windos 7 Home Premium on a newer Toshiba computer. Startup will act all fine and dandy until it reaches he part where the Windows sysmbol shows up is says Starting Windows. From there... well, that's it. I've left it there for 20 minutes and nothing happened. It does launch in safe mode.
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2013 5:07:01 AM

kouutori said:
That's basicly it. Running Windos 7 Home Premium on a newer Toshiba computer. Startup will act all fine and dandy until it reaches he part where the Windows sysmbol shows up is says Starting Windows. From there... well, that's it. I've left it there for 20 minutes and nothing happened. It does launch in safe mode.

could be a bad driver or an old driver or the anti virus or a program is msconfig. i would boot into safe mode and use msconfig and turn everything off. if it still hangs go back into the system and under device managers remove all the device there.
February 4, 2013 1:11:54 PM

Firstly, I don'tunderstand what you mean by "...go back into the system and under device managers remove all the device there." Please explain with a little more detail.

Secondly, I did a performance diagnostic while in Safe Mode, and it said something about SuperFetch not being on. Could this be a potencial problem? If so, how do I fix it?
!