martin

I am using mn-720 in Winxp sp2. When I first install the
driver when Winxp find a new hardware, I just put the
installation cd and winxp finds it. Although I do not
install the broadband software program come with the cd,
the internet connection is find.

But the problem is I can't upgrate the firmware to the
lastest version 3.60.7.0. I download MSBNSoftware.exe
(12.7MB) from the MS website but the upgrate process does
not recognise my mn-710 (although winxp do recognise it).
It only show that my mn-700 base station and runtime
firmware are up-to-date.

Do anyone know a way to upgrade the drive manually without
installing the broadband software program? I know that
SP2 already have great wireless support and I think I see
some mails from this newsgroup previously that you can use
winxp to config the wireless without using the dump
broadband software program.

Any comment would be greatly appreciate.

Thks

MSMSBNSoftware.exe give you option to install Software
only, do that one. Then go mn-720 properties and say
update driver, point to where you install Software only.
Should do trick.

joker

The file you downloaded will only install the BNU which is not needed on
Windows XP. The only other thing that was updated for the MN-710 &
MN-720 is the driver which is included in the MSBNDownload.exe download.

Please ignore turtle as he seems to be smoking crack or has no clue
about networking.

Martin wrote:

> I am using mn-720 in Winxp sp2. When I first install the
> driver when Winxp find a new hardware, I just put the
> installation cd and winxp finds it. Although I do not
> install the broadband software program come with the cd,
> the internet connection is find.
>
> But the problem is I can't upgrate the firmware to the
> lastest version 3.60.7.0. I download MSBNSoftware.exe
> (12.7MB) from the MS website but the upgrate process does
> not recognise my mn-710 (although winxp do recognise it).
> It only show that my mn-700 base station and runtime
> firmware are up-to-date.
>
> Do anyone know a way to upgrade the drive manually without
> installing the broadband software program? I know that
> SP2 already have great wireless support and I think I see
> some mails from this newsgroup previously that you can use
> winxp to config the wireless without using the dump
> broadband software program.
>
> Any comment would be greatly appreciate.
>
> Thks

assistance.

time.

joker

Hey once more a correction on something stupid you said or you didn't
check before opening your big mouth. If you use winrar to extract the
contents of the MSMSBNSoftware.exe file you will only find the Broadband
Network Utility (or BNU), the MS XML 3 parser, The Windows installer,
UPnP files for Windows 98, & a few other supporting files.

None of the files in that download include the driver.

So once again the file that needs to be downloaded is the
MSBNDownload.exe which includes the latest drivers for the Microsoft
network cards.

Turtle wrote:

> MSMSBNSoftware.exe give you option to install Software
> only, do that one. Then go mn-720 properties and say
> update driver, point to where you install Software only.
> Should do trick.

assistance.

time.