Sign in with
Your question

CI.dll booting from setup disk

Last response: in Windows 7
May 16, 2010 11:31:02 AM

Hi all,

Ive been running Vista for a couple of years, until last night when the system decided to pack up and lose/corrupt half the sys32 folder. I'm using RAID-0 for my hard disks, so i ran the RAID setup, deleted the array and created a new one, striped, just like the previous, and then tried to run a Windows 7 setup i'd picked up from the office. Only problem is, even though i've been through the BIOS and told it to boot from disk as first priority, all i get is a screen that says "Windows is loading files", followed by a few seonds of "Starting Windows" before i get an error screen informing me that CI.dll is missing or corrupt (0xc0000098). My only two options from here are to run Windows Memory Diagnostic or try and boot again from the Windows Setup dvd, which i've tried in safe mode and every other available advanced boot option. What can i do? :S

Edit: I just tried to run an XP setup disk i have lying around to see if i had the same problem, and i got an error saying that no hard drive was detected on my system. I checked the BIOS and under 'Standard CMOS Features' the SATA channels are all listed as empty, with only my IDE cd/dvd drive being recognised.

More about : dll booting setup disk

a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2010 9:28:27 PM

Shruikanshade,

Do you by chance have another Windows DVD to try to boot from? Or any other bootable disc?

Also, have you performed chkdsk on your drives to ensure you don't have a physical hardware error?
May 17, 2010 4:24:56 PM

As i mentioned briefly at the end of my post i tried an XP Pro disk, which said there was no hard drive detected on my system...aside from that no other disks no.

And no, im unable to get past the CI.dll error at startup so i have no way of performing chkdsk that i know of. Can it be done from BIOS/boot menu?

Thanks
May 18, 2011 10:32:36 AM

shruikanshade said:
As i mentioned briefly at the end of my post i tried an XP Pro disk, which said there was no hard drive detected on my system...aside from that no other disks no.

And no, im unable to get past the CI.dll error at startup so i have no way of performing chkdsk that i know of. Can it be done from BIOS/boot menu?

Thanks

Hi,k

the problem you're facing is that you must load the raid disk /controller driver in windows install, you'll see ...hit F6 to load drivers. you must have the raid controller driver in hand to load it.
!