MN-700 and Netgeat MA101

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 4, 2004 10:10:08 AM

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help ... I have the router working
fine and have just installed a MA101 USB wireless adapter
on a PC upstairs.
Both machines are running XP, the machine upstairs can
see the wireless network downstairs but will not
connect,and the utility downstairs see nothing.

Please can someone help ... driving me insane

Regards

Richard

More about : 700 netgeat ma101

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 3:40:57 AM

Make sure your MA101 is configured to talk to the SSID that your base
station is set to (or ANY).
Make sure that you haven't overlooked adding your MA101 to the base station
MAC filter list.
Make sure your encryption settings are the same for the base and the MA101.
I've used an MA101 for about a year with the MN-700, with no problems.

Good Luck.

"Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Hopefully someone can help ... I have the router working
> fine and have just installed a MA101 USB wireless adapter
> on a PC upstairs.
> Both machines are running XP, the machine upstairs can
> see the wireless network downstairs but will not
> connect,and the utility downstairs see nothing.
>
> Please can someone help ... driving me insane
>
> Regards
>
> Richard
December 5, 2004 10:36:01 AM

Hi Mike,

The SSID on the MA101 matches the Router, i have added
the MAC address into the allow. The WEP key matches also.
When i try to connect i just get waiting for network and
it sits there and times out.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard