Windows installer is not correctly installed windows 7

rngr_jcw

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Can someone please help me on trying to fix Windows Installer on Windows 7. I have been running around all over the web looking for a fix and tried all that pertained to me an still cant get anything to install.
ou can resolve the error 1719 by using the methods discussed below:

Method 1:
Start the Windows Installer service
1. Click Start, type Services.msc and press {ENTER}
2. Double-click Windows Installer
3. Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to Manual
4. Click Start to start the service. Note down the error message if any.
5. Click OK.

Method 2: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer to do that follow the steps provided below.

1. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you
do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
2. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you
do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass.
After you run this command, the operation is complete.
3. Try your Windows Installer-based application again.

Method 3: Try performing SFC scan on the computer.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan –
I am able to uninstall, but even windows update, a secondary problem, wont update. I noticed this error code, 1719 amongst others. Is there a way to replace the current MSIEXEC file with another windows 7 64 bit? Any help appreciated.

jerrytaff

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
thanks. :):):) I needed method 3. My problem was that the Windows installer would run, the programme would get most of the way through installing, and then inform me that it could not run the installer. I think it was probably the verification stage that failed. It would then tidy up, and leave me back where I started before starting the installation. I'd seen the other methods suggested elsewhere, and tried them with zero success. I was getting desperate, considering a complete windows re-installation. Method 3 worked like a dream. It did not take long to run, created an enormous log file of errors and now I can install .msi files successfully .

xXImikoXx

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
While these methods are great efforts, I found that for myself (and I'm sure many other people) they didn't do anything to actually solve the problem. After a good deal of scouring all over and doing google searches for "Windows Installer not properly installed, Windows 7" I ended up, by chance, searching instead for, "Windows Installer corrupt" and thankfully, came across this site: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/misc-registry-fixes-for-windows-7-xp-vista/

It contains a downloadable registry-edit that, for me, ended up fixing my problem once it was downloaded and installed. You WILL need Winzip, or a program similar to Winzip, in order to unzip/install the file (luckily, Winzip still downloads and installs just fine, even with Windows Installer not working).

Once you've downloaded the file with the description: Error 1719 Windows Installer Service Could Not be Accessed, when installing applications.

You're going to want to make sure to install it, and then reboot your PC again. For me, after the installation and Reboot, my Windows Installer problems were fixed! I was able to re-install and update my AVG virus-protection software again, (which was originally the reason I learned my Windows Installer was NOT working, in the first place) and have since been able to install/uninstall programs without a problem.

I hope this solution helps those of you who are still struggling with this problem, even with the steps listed in the above-solutions. And if you want my final piece of advice: EVERYONE in this forum and anyone who reads this in their search for a solution to this problem, should contact Microsoft's Tech Support and give them a good gripe about this entire, FRUSTRATING problem with their product!

Maybe they'll be smart enough to release a Patch/Fix for this in their next set of Updates or Service Pack, if enough of us give them a big enough headache.

no_more_MS Crap

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
...tried all of the above to no avail, although some installations were allowed, buy IE 10, among a few others, will not update.

So, as I have a life, I'm going to install Ubuntu... much more more secure as well.

My next computer will not use any form of MicroCrap.

anoniiim

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
xXImikoXx :love: just wanted to say thanks I registered on site just to tell you I've been trying to figure this issue out for over a week been searching all over and tried the up above steps 1-3 over and over there is nothing on Microsoft sites that help and absolutely no advice whatsoever sigh they need to get rid of the 100 yr old workers that work for them imo.. However thank you so much going to http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/misc-registry-fixes-for-windows-7-xp-vista/ and Downloading #1 Error 1719 Windows Installer Service Could Not be Accessed, when installing applications. and I also downloaded #6 Windows Installer Service missing everything is now Finally working and installing properly TY TY :D :)

youranidiot

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014

Nice trolling.