http://www.pmc-sierra.com/products/details/rm9000x2/

Seems familiar except its a RISC MIPS64

.13 micron
dual cores @ 1Ghz
Copper interconnects
Hypertransport
5w watts
Support DDR

Will be targeted for workstations, available in December.

The Hammer is too little too late its not even a good concept!
40 answers Last reply
More about finally released
  1. Considering pretty much nobody on these boards will ever own a PMC-Sierra processor...

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
    9/11 - RIP</font color=green>
  2. Your wrong, like always. I didnt see sign on the way in that stated "Intel and AMD only".

I post a product with unmatched specs that is available and you post something negative. GG lemming

Technology today vs whats AMD plans over a year from now.

We will sell and install thousands of these by years end.

Im sure you had no clue that these even existed let alone the specs.

Got anything else stupid to add?
  3. Anyone on these boards own a PMC? Or planning on buying one?

4. Yes 2 and Yes
  5. <A HREF="http://www.pmc-sierra.com/products/details/rm9000x2/" target="_new">Click</A>

Now that chip looks like, although I hate to use the term, SMP on a chip. Notice the dual caches, core-to-core transports, and chip to port mapping. I would call it a SMCP symmetric multi core processor.

Schmide

Too bad their white paper was 2 pages long.
  6. i can smell that "HAMMER" terror disease all over you

INTEL IS NUMBER 2 NOW AND WILL BE NUMBER 2 when HAMMER THUMPS it

You have to go outside your beloved INTEL to even attempt to beat AMD... YOu know INTEL has noting for HAMMER...

what next... posts about a NEW MAC ship with dual cores tha will beat the PALAMINO? because the P4 cant

ahahhahaha it sucks to be an AMD basher doenst it?
  7. Quote:
    Yes 2 and Yes

Then I am wrong.
    Thanks for the informative, troll-like post, FUGGER

8. This is the arena that the Hammer is getting into, this is just 1 of the players on the opposing team.

As for what you posted, your a rambling idiot.
  9. who's buying 1000 dual proc setups in 3 months time?

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
  10. don't know too much about it but isn't the new power4 processor by IBM 2 cores on die ie "SMP on chip". not to mention very impressive SPEC scores in both INT and FP.

i had a drink the other day... opinions were like kittens i was givin' away
  11. I had never even heard of these processors, but I'm interested in learning a bit about them.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
  12. We should make a sign for you. FUGGER IS DUMB.
  13. What a moron, Im like so burnt from that flame. I should go hide my head....

That was the lamest attempt at a flame I have ever read.

Keep up the good work dork!

I post something you had no clue existed and you call me dumb =P must be matisaro with new login name.
  14. <font color=blue>"As for what you posted, your a rambling idiot."</font color=blue>

Fugger,

You still have not learned the rules of spelling. "your" should be "you're".

Makes you look less intelligent then you really are.......

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
  15. Quote:
    Makes you look less intelligent then you really are.......

No it doesn't (think about it).

16. Quote:
    No it doesn't (think about it).

Ow!!! it hurts.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
  17. Wow, Bigguy you know more about english than you do about computers. maybe you should seek a career in forum spelling checking, pays good and you seem to have a uncanny ability to point out the obvious.
  18. Fatburger,

I will amend that. Here it is again.

Fugger,

You still have not learned the rules of spelling. "your" should be "you're".

[sarcasm]Makes you look less intelligent then you really are.......[/sarcasm]

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
  19. So do you guy's sell these? Who buy's things like this? Don't give me a dumb answer....um...like companies.

20. <font color=blue>"pays good and you seem to have a uncanny ability to point out the obvious."</font color=blue>

I think that statement <b>"(the obvious)"</b> speaks for itself!

21. LoL, fugger I guess everyone who thinks you are a moron is really me with a different logon name, that means I have what, 10000 logon names.

GO away troll.

~Matisaro~
    "The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
    ~Tbird1.3@1.5~
  22. Here is a small list, I cannot post who our clients are but I can link to posted info.

http://www.sgi.com/products/appsdirectory.dir/developerix.html

http://www.sgi.com/products/appsdirectory.dir/marketix.html

We build systems comprised of hundreds to thousands of processors. PMC recently aquired QED (you prob never heard of)
  23. "LoL, fugger I guess everyone who thinks you are a moron is really me with a different logon name, that means I have what, 10000 logon names."

Thats where you are WRONG, like always. That most likely was you posting on a different name. I wouldnt doubt the 10000 login names, you are lame like that.
  24. Do you realize you just said he's wrong, and then agreed with him?

25. "you seem to have a uncanny ability to point out the obvious.""

Like clockwork. good thing we have you to police these boards in case someone makes a serious type-o.
  26. Could this be <A HREF="http://www.sgi.com/company_info/" target="_new">Fugger?</A>

27. ROFL
    There we go again. "Quick, I did something stupid, change the subject!"

28. Wow, a processor no one knows about made by a company who no one gives a shieet about. Tough post, you really know how to bring tears to my eyes. Just stick to building your obscure processors that a select few use you two bit, no hoping geek. Try and post information without bagging another company for once.
  29. *Scratches head*...*yawns*... *leaves*

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel
  30. FugDude

Cool link!

I have a suggestion. Since you work for the company and (should) want it to do well maybe you should be a little more polite, like RayDude from Intel. I'm not always polite but I ain't selling anything to anyone. I hate the brainwashed AMD puppies who give me sh!t as bad as you do, but you give them ammo.

BTW AMD puppies I love the XP and have been tellin folks to check it out and no Intel heads have givin me any crap over it. I am completely unbiased but you guys never seem to notice that.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.
  31. Quote:
    The Hammer is too little too late its not even a good concept!

Are you saying that AMD and Intel can't compete with this?

Would you mind at least digging your head out of your colon long enough to explain why.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
  32. For a starter, you are really a TROLL, FUGGER. Admit it.

The link is cool, impressive specs but there is one VERY suspicious thing among the specs.

"5 Watt typical power consumption"

How the hell can they manage such low power figures for a 1GHz core? Why do Intel and AMD stay around 50-60W range? What is the supply voltage? 0.5V or what? There must be a catch about it...

<font color=red>Apple</font color=red> <font color=blue>inside</font color=blue>, <font color=green>idiot</font color=green> <font color=purple>outside</font color=purple>...
  33. A typo? You've (you have) been doing this since day one. Sometimes, you are almost as bad as Juin, including content.

34. Quote:
    I hate the brainwashed AMD puppies who give me sh!t as bad as you do

Quote:
    I am completely unbiased

Is that so...

35. 5watt no typo!

These processors put the shuttle in space, they map the genomes that cure diseases, they do space imaging, they schedule your flights, they route your trains, they run amusement park rides, CFM, CFD, they perform complex medical imaging real time, they model automobiles for rapid development, and much much more that AMD and Intel cannot do yet.

I know you are clueless what teraflops are good for, so stick with your games and STFU about things you know nothing about.

The highly integrated RM9000x2 addresses the expanding performance and bandwidth requirements of these markets with the following features, specificically designed to enhance networking:

Dual 1 GHz CPU cores compatible with the MIPS64 Instruction Set architecture.
    512 Kbytes total of integrated L2 cache.
    TSMC 0.13 µm High Performance Copper Process.
    5 Watts (typical) power consumption.
    High speed integrated DDR SDRAM, HyperTransport, SysAd and Local Bus interfaces.
    Dual CPU Cores

Each core provides:

1 GHz operating frequency.
    16-Kbyte, 4-Way Set Associative L1 Instruction and Data caches.
    256-Kbyte, 4-Way Set Associative L2 cache with deterministic access time for highest performance.
    Fast Packet Cache to assist packet data processing.
    An 8K Entry Branch Prediction Table.
    A dual issue Superscalar 7-Stage Pipeline.
    A fully associative 64-Entry TLB with Dual Pages.
    Multiple reads with Out of Order Return.
    A High Performance Floating Point Unit (IEEE 754).
    Fixed-point DSP instructions.
    160 Gbps Multi-Port Shared Memory Fabric

Connects CPU Cores to Memory and I/O interfaces.
    Supports simultaneous transfers on any port.
    Cache and I/O Coherency

Maintains HW Cache coherency with the 5-state MOESI protocol. All cache transfers between CPUs occur at the CPU pipeline frequency.
    Supports full Hardware I/O coherency over the HyperTransport and SysAd interfaces allowing I/O devices access to coherent memory.
    Provides Packet Header Direct(TM) mode to allow DMA of packet headers directly into L2 cache over HyperTransport bus.
    200 MHz DDR SDRAM Memory Controller

Supports 25.6 Gbps Memory Bandwidth.
    Supports DDR SDRAM, FCRAM Options.
    Supports 2 Gbytes Using 512 Mbit SDRAM.
    500 MHz HyperTransport Interface

Supports 16 Gbps aggregate bandwidth.
    Additional Features

Supports 8 Kbytes of integrated scratch RAM providing fast access to packets and volatile data.
    Provides an integrated On-Chip EJTAG Debug module on each processor to ensure smooth and easy debugging of both hardware and software.
    Provides a Trace Buffer on each CPU core allowing tracing instruction execution, further facilitating debugging.
    Provides a flexible 4-channel DMA control architecture providing DMA to any block, scatter/gather support, and the ability to externally request DMA.
    Provides an integrated local bus for connectivity to lower speed devices.
    Provides a vectored, prioritized interrupt controller that supports:
    256 prioritized interrupts.
    Programmable interrupt delivery modes, including CPU to CPU for inter-processor communication, as well as external and HyperTransport interrupts.
    Provides integrated Performance Counters:
    Count over 30 processor events.
    Enable full characterization and analysis of application software.
  36. FatPuppie

Yes it is so. Do you care that my latest links are to reviews of the AMD XP? NO you don't, all you care about is that I warn people to double check their heatsinks as a public service. What is the harm in that? Notice that I don't hate AMD only psycho AMD nuts that can't seem to leave me alone.

37. Yes, you have proven yourself relatively unbiased about Intel vs. AMD. I say relatively, even though nobody can be perfectly unbiased.
    Ok, I looked up your posts for the past week:

<font color=red>"I hate Fing M$!!!!

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them."</font color=red>

<font color=blue>Very intelligent</font color=blue>

<font color=red>"I hate the brainwashed AMD puppies who give me sh!t as bad as you do"</font color=red>

<font color=blue>There you go again, flaming people who have done you no wrong.</font color=blue>

<font color=red>BTW I hate AMD puppies cause here I am suporting AMD but they see my unbiased opinion as pro Intel.</font color=red>

<font color=blue>And again...</font color=blue>

That was from the first 6 posts that came up on a search for your username (the six most recent).
    I don't care if you intelligently make a point and defend it. You could say a P2 is better than XP, and as long as you make a decent argument (however wrong it is), I'll respect you.
    When you CONSTANTLY bash many people on this forum who are as unbiased as you are, that's what I don't like. I have never called you names, but you are constantly calling me a "brainwashed AMD puppy", or the like.

38. Ok so you busted me for being immature at times.

"I hate Fing M$!!!! " Was done while drunk and pissed that a recording had not turned out. It is also out of context because in the same post I call myself a dumba$$.

There is a difference between an AMD user and an AMD puppy. If you can call me a troll then it is only fair (if the evidence supports the conclusion) that you be labeled a puppy cause in my opinion you act like one. In fact all this stuff is out of context which is not exactly fair. I could easily go through your posts and find some less then intelligent things you may have wrote, maybe on a bad day. I did not like you doing it to me so I'll not do it to you.

Do you want me to say that Intel heads suck?? Well they may be annoying to you but no Intel heads have ever jumped on me the way AMD heads do.

me:"I hate the brainwashed AMD puppies who give me sh!t as bad as you do"

you:"There you go again, flaming people who have done you no wrong"

The focus of the post you clipped this from was to tell Fugger to be nicer. I disagree that I am flaming people who have done me no wrong. I flame the ones who "give me sh!t" not all AMD users or even all AMD puppies but only the ones giving me a hard time that I don't deserve.

If you could see my private mail you will see a lot of thanks for me helping or at least trying to help people.

me:"BTW I hate AMD puppies cause here I am suporting AMD but they see my unbiased opinion as pro Intel." This really sums it up my point and is exactly what I'm talking about. The purpose of the post was to link someone to an AMD XP review so he could see how great the XP is at running his type of software. It was a helpful link followed by thanks from the person it was sent to.

RayDude sets an example of how we all should act. He is clearly Intel biased but is very polite and informative. I would do well to be more polite but you are not any better. Fugger is very rude. He has good points that are lost in the rudeness. I hope to behave more like Ray in the future but on a bad day who knows?

39. Wow! Nup, still not good enough geek.
  40. That is just like FUGGER, always wrong.

PS: Fugger if I feel the need to insult you I would gladly do it under my own name.

~Matisaro~
    "The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
    ~Tbird1.3@1.5~
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Support Workstations RISC