OT: What is customer support mean to you

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
It's been sometimes since I post anything on this forum. I just had the worst experience with customer support ever and would like to share with others. First, a little background about myself, I'm a graduate student and works as computer administrator for my department as well (back to get my PhD). I ordered a laptop from Toshiba about a months ago (Satellite 3005-S303).

Upon recieving the laptop and start it up, I notice that there are strange noises from hard drive. It's sound as the hard drive head is crashing and I run several CHKDSK and found file system corrupted (brand new laptop with fresh clean installation of Win2k). So I called toshiba technical support. They are very polite and quick to ask me to send the laptop back for repair. I, then, sent it back to the repair depot. The process take about 1 week to get my laptop back. To my utmost surpise, the new hard drive they installed is even worse than the first one. This new hard drive randomly produce the grainding and clanking sound. So, I called toshiba again with my frustration. They again quickly ask me to send the laptop in for the second time !!!! (I hradly believe that this is toshiba service quality but I'm patience so I sent it in again).

So the same process begin again, take a week to get the laptop back. Once I get the laptop back for the second time and start it up, guess what. The hard drive now produce CONSTANT humming and whirling noise that I can hear from 2 feet away!!! That's the H*LL of service.

I again called abck to toshiba and asked what they did to my laptop. Just a simple task of changing the hard drive with a good hard drive, they cannot even do it. Finally toshiba offer to send a replacement unit to me. But the whole process will take 2-6 weeks!!! What's a joke. I never deal with any computer corporation that have this low service quality and cannot even solve the problem right. That's it 2-6 weeks and nothing anybody at toshiba can do to make it faster even tough I already paid for the laptop more than a month ago. This is the worst services ever I got from any computer corporation in my entire carreer. Doesn't we, consumer, deserve better service for the money we pay. I sincerely doubt the service quality of toshiba and will never again recommend anyone to buy toshiba product.

I really believe that consumer have to stand together and there should be a law regulate the selling and servicing any product that one sell (may be we already have one that I donot know of). Toshiba service is a joke.

Nvidia or ATI, it's all depend on what you like and system optimization :lol:

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Buyer beware. You could always build your own laptop...

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
If I can make my own laptop, I would do it by now. To bad, that's the market where big OEM can charge you whatever they want and provide little from nothing service.

Nvidia or ATI, it's all depend on what you like and system optimization :lol: