HELP! im gonna cry!

Baggy

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Ok, i just finished building my new system. A Abit SR7-8X mobo, P4 2.53 cpu, ATI Radeon 9500pro, Samsung 512 pc2700 ram, sb audigy 2, Windows XP Home. Everything works fine for about 10-20 mins then windows freezes up. recovers from a serious error. prompts me to reboot and says after the reboot says recovered from a hardware failure caused by the video card. anyone else have this problem? any ideas to fix it or is something wrong.. im not really computer problem smart, ive built a few systems before never had a prob. thx.

dhlucke

Polypheme
What powersupply do you have and what are your temps? What drivers are you using?

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
did you start with a "fresh" install of your os.when you put in a lot of new pieces all at once, this will happen. when i've done that i had the same problems. it was always fixed,(for me, anyway),with a format and new install. and do you have the "latest" drivers for your card,not just the ones that came with the disk??, but ones on ati's website??

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!

TRENDING THREADS