Sign in with
Your question

Cdrom.sys corrupted error 39

Last response: in Windows 7
February 5, 2013 12:46:10 AM

my dvd rom is working but its driver is crrupted when i try to auto fix the problem i got a msg( Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing0. (Code 39) how can i fix this problem?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2013 1:00:49 AM

specs ?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2013 1:01:54 AM

hassan_84 said:
my dvd rom is working but its driver is crrupted when i try to auto fix the problem i got a msg( Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing0. (Code 39) how can i fix this problem?

Go into Device Manager and remove the DVD drive by right clicking it and choosing uninstall or remove. Is your DVD drive IDE or SATA?

If it's SATA, I wouldn't recommend removing the SATA controller from Device Manger as it could cause more problems.

There is some information HERE in regards to how to remove it from Device Manager and then reset it and some possible causes.

NOTE:
The information on that site is mainly aimed at HP products but it is the same process since it's Windows 7. It also addresses other possible issues that might be a cause.

EDIT:
You can also attempt to fix the issue with M$ Fix-It utility found HERE .
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2013 1:07:55 AM

Na, actually your suggestion of the fixit, and removing it in the device manager were along the same lines I was thinking. Spot on.
m
l
!