2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-15'6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not important
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Not important
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, medium-high on mostly strategy games like SC2, Civilization, etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photoshop, Illustrator, high volume tab web browsing , and I often work with big excel files.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not more than 500gb probably
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No allegiances here.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Blu-ray would be preferred
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I was hoping to stay away from brands that are known to be cheaply made (HP, some Dells, etc) I've heard good things about Asus, Lenovo and Sager.
13. What country do you live in? US of A
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The thread title indicates I want a 2nd gen i7 laptop. Many of you reading my computer usage above might think it's overkill, but I figure if I can get my hands on one within my budget, I'd at least be future proofing the laptop a bit--amirite?