Dell 600SC - Mixing SCSI and IDE Drives

I'm looking at ways of upgrading a 600SC (SCSI based) and the price
differential between SCSI and IDE drives makes me wonder if anyone has
tried a mixed environment.

The Dell site says it's not a validated configuration but .......

From a cost point of view it even might be worth ripping out the SCSI
and rebuilding it as an IDE box.

Any thoughts, input, experiences, pointers on mixed environments (on a
600SC or any Dell) gratefully received.

MikeH
* Mike Horrell spirit@wildwood.demon.co.uk *
* *
* wildwood is not affiliated with any other demon.co.uk site *

"Mike Horrell" <spirit@wildwood.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm looking at ways of upgrading a 600SC (SCSI based) and the price
> differential between SCSI and IDE drives makes me wonder if anyone has
> tried a mixed environment.

In general mixing works just fine.