Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Would you mind quoting the part where it says this? For <i>some</i> reason I just cannot seem to find it.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Sorry, but your aticle does not say either of the things you claim...

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Yes, ATI has some licenses to create Pentium 4 chipsets and some integrated graphics chipsets. You can look forward to integrated Radeon graphics in the future.

-Raystonn

starwrs3

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
“ATI congratulates AMD on the announcement of the Athlon XP Processor,” said Rick Bergman, Senior Vice President of Marketing & General Manager, Desktop Business Unit, ATI Technologies Inc. “As before, this latest processor from AMD is fully supported by all current ATI hardware and software driver technologies, including the award-winning RADEON 8500, which will result in a faster, more significantly-enhanced 3D visual experience for both AMD and ATI customers.”

“The AMD Athlon XP processor 1800+ with Quantispeed architecture offers outstanding performance and is the perfect marriage with ATI’s newest line of RADEON 8500 graphics cards,” said Richard Heye, Vice President, Platform Engineering & Infrastructure, Computation Products Group for AMD. “We’re confident that consumers can benefit from the combination and can finally take advantage of advanced architectures that offer incredible performance for today’s PC desktop systems.”

please take note the the first sentence of the second paragraph

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I still do not see where they say it is the best processor for their video card. However, they do state it is supported. The CPU you use has little to do with the performance of your video card. In fact, the slower your CPU the more important your video card is when playing games.

You should note that the second paragraph you quoted was in fact spoken by someone at AMD, not ATI. Do not confuse your sources.

-Raystonn

POPEGOLDX

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
<<ATI/AMD have never been a good mix.Maybe that have change.>>

wrong... ATI and NVIDIA has had there share of issues with VIA chipsets... Athlon is just a CPU

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just because he dislikes Via, it's a good point? Hmm... :)

(1) Based on 3Dmark 2001 benchmarks performed in September 2001 (RADEON 8500 scored 7416, GeForce3 scored 5627)

Since when has a GF3 scored that low? That's a bigger difference than I've ever seen before.
Almost as good as Intels tests comparing a P4 2.0 and a P3 500.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

have a reading problem?

“The AMD Athlon XP processor 1800+ with Quantispeed architecture offers outstanding performance and is the perfect marriage with ATI’s newest line of RADEON 8500 graphics cards,” said Richard Heye, Vice President, Platform Engineering & Infrastructure, Computation Products Group for AMD. “We’re confident that consumers can benefit from the combination and can finally take advantage of advanced architectures that offer incredible performance for today’s PC desktop systems.”

"ATI announces support for AMD Athlon™ XP Processor 1800+"

it's all over the page lol... i don't see how you can miss it.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, I see what you mean. Wasn't a big deal anyway.

Richard Heye, Vice President, Platform Engineering & Infrastructure, Computation Products Group for AMD

I think you're the one with the reading problem, sk8er. It's a quote by someone FROM AMD.
But, the fact that Ati put it on their website means something, I suppose.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

Thats what you call the biz man. When the P5's and next core upgrade to the Athlon come out. They just help sell the product for the companies its common practice.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol: