AMD Poor Performance

G

AMD 1.2MP Dual on Tyan Tiger ...
2 GB RAM PC 2100 Adaptec 64 Bit 39160 Dual Channel.
2 x Seagate Cheata 15000 RPM.
KryoII Power VR 64MB Video ...
Outperformed by P111 766 ... What Gives ????
Benchmark is Finite Element Analysis software by MagnaSoft.

Machine Benched poorly.
Has software been intel Optimized, and if so what can I do to Improve Performance ???

dhlucke

Polypheme
Try the standard suite of benchmarks for the forum to see. Lets see 3Dmark2K1 and Sandra for example so that we get a better picture of your problem. In the mean time make sure you have everything set up right like DMA and your bios settings.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what you think an AMD chip wins at everything? it loses to a P3 in finite element analysis;who would've thought?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Think what u want- I am done arguing with an idiot like you. For all I care, go and declare a 1Mhz P4 can beat a 1.7 Ghz t-Bird. I have not seen any benchmarks of finite element analysis, but from what I have seen, it looks like it would be very FPU intensive Also, which software was used, because there is a variety out there. The reason I'd assume a 1.2 Ghz dualie would beat a p3 733 is not only is the Athlon faster clock for clock, but it's also clocked sufficiently higher.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
hmm..
i dont know about you but "i can see therefore AMD is better!!!"

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>