Athlon XP, Daul processor?

G

Since the new athlon xp core is based on or is the same as the athlon mp's core, is it posible to use the xp's in a daul processor setup instead of the mp's????? Thanks to anyone who can aswer..

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Similr post just below u.... the MP 1800+ just came out. And there are slight differences in the way things are done between the MP and XP series- one is more optimized for dualie system.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

G

[-peep-] off!!!! I asked a simple question, no need to get shitty. plus you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know! As far as the post below this one, well sorry I don't have the time to peruse these posts, some people do work and have a life!@!!@!

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
OOOKKKK, is it just me or you are the one getting all shitty?? He simply suggested you getting the MP instead because it's more optimized for dual processor set up. I don't sense any form of animosity from his post.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
WTF?? That's why they have the search boards right above the edit profile. What's with the attitude? We've already answered that question 30 times over. If anyone should be pissed it's us.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
Whooooooooaaaa!! What is your problem? It was a decent response. Is your life, which you are so busy having, full of ill mannered people like yourself? Or is it empty of friends? Either would explain your bad attitude.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!

G

I think tirdburgler here (egilmore) took flame's tagline personally... That or he's a troll.

Aw, heck with it! Feed him to the lizard anyway.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I personally agree with him. Flamthrower should never have...just kidding. Feed him to the lizard!

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Sick 'em <font color=green><b>LIZZARDS</b></font color=green>!!!! You can run, but you'll only die with holes chewed in your butt.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:

G

Give him a break guys, a stick that big can't be easy to remove.

Serious question though: It is apparant there are differences between XP and MP besides just the name, I am wondering if those differences are worth the $150 price increase. Any thoughts or any ideas on what the actual differences are?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Where are you getting your prices? I'm looking for prices on the new MP's but haven't been able to find any....not that I've looked anywhere but pricewatch.....but any ways where are you getting your prices?

G

Search pricewatch/CPU for Athlon MP 1800 and you will find:

Athlon MP 1800, lowest price: $295, yesterday it was $339

Athlon XP 1800, lowest price $211

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
I wasn't able to find them at pricewatch when I posted that but I did find them at tom's price grabbing thing-a-ma-jig.