Alternative to MacBook Pro 15'

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvMINOvv

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
First off, fanboys PLEASE go bug someone else, this isn't the flame war your looking for...

Now, I generally don't buy Apple products because of their price.

I currently own a Vaio VGN-FW490 which isn't bad at all save the general feel of cheapness of the exterior (hell even the paint is starting to fade off where I rest my palms).

Anyways, like I mentioned earlier I usually don't consider Apple but that 15' MacBook Pro is looking pretty good with the i7 and gig of video in it to be honest, and it feels really nice. Now is there ANY alternatives to these MacBooks that won't cost me my two legs?

Just a list of what I'm looking for to help you guys point me in the right direction (order matters):

Performance (I will be playing the likes of crysis 2 on it, but don't mind playing on medium settings)
General Sturdiness
Size
Battery Life

Thank you very much in advance

vvMINOvv

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

the 6750M :) (I am playing crysis 2 after all :p )

Asus N53SV
it's not bad at all but I sense it's also made of plastic. I used to be all about the Sagers for a while too but to be honest they'r bulky beasts. I'm just looking for something that's well round (power wise) but not necessarily Attila the hun.

Thank's again. I know I come off as a picky little tw*t but in all honesty I just want to have something that doesn't look like it came out of a dog's mouth but not a cute little princess with no power either.

Cheers.

you know there are similar specced laptops out there, but I totally agree, you need to like the chassis you are getting. So look around at MSI, Sager, Asus and maybe Toshiba or Lenovo, if none of those please you, I'd say go with that macbook. I can't deny the chassis on macs is superior, even though they overprice it for that very hard.

vvMINOvv

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

Apparently the HP envy's got one, but my god does that thing have bad reviews.

It's a nice looking laptop, but if you've owned and sold as many as I have you might start to feel like I am right now. I've owned some of the best and worst laptops and I have to say they have one thing in common. They all feel "smushy" when you apply some pressure on them. Now I'm not looking for something made of gold but I'm tired of all the corroding paint, the random little nook that got torn off because I didn't hold it just right, or the keyboard that's high on one side and low on another, or the screen bezel that's just not protecting the screen. I can go on for days.

I was attracted to the lenovo's to be honest, they seem indestructible but they are so hideous lenovo themselves couldn't love them hehe...

I'm not ridiculously particular though. I think I'll take another look at the lenovos, and come back here with my findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS