Just saw Battle for Los Angeles!

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Kinda of another weird movie like Adjustment Bureau! It starts out kind of action and suspense reminds me of BlackSite-51 2007 by Midway Games with 1960's vietnam technology kevlar ammunition like Quake IV by ID 2005! Special effects were somewhat cool with good explosions, one of the alien drone crafts unloads some naplam heaters on a soldier trying to shoot it down and toasts him kinda of like those raptors or hornets! Aliens were kind of weird hard to describe, some boring drama after the 1 hour, than some exciting apc and humvee attacks on the aliens running them over unloading the ammo and some good booms! Some chick in the movie looked like MIchelle Rodriquez from fast and the furious! All in all worth it for 5 bucks an extra 3 bucks for 3D is worth it also! Wasn't as impressive as a Starship Troopers and Independence Day! Not sure what to give it in termsof ranking, gives me some flashbacks of previous video gaming! Basically everyone surprised attack and not enough air sports from Jets, helicopters looks liek they were patched up attacking with troops, not sure what tek area this movie was supposed to have in 2011 kinda confusing!

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Skyline Looked like more drama, that's two ufo movies, and no F-22's, or F-35 firefights with aliencrafts like Independence Day 1996 (They should get that in 3D again)!

pitstop87

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009

True, really not upto the mark..they could've done a much better job with this. Yeah and it was Michelle Rodriguez...

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
this movie was entertaining, but yes, they seemed to cheap out on what kind of battles we saw, no air battles and mostly infantry style warfare,, not even much sniping and zero hand to hand combat

^Skyline was a POS movie,,, i ended up watching it all the way through just because i wanted to find out what happened,, but mostly because I watch Dexter and like David Zayas

meuchel

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
didn't battle:la remind you somewhat of independence day?
skyline was okay up until the ending then you said what the hell am i watching now?