Sign in with
Your question

Tualatin 1.2G Processor

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2001 2:33:27 AM

Have a 1.2G Tualatin processor on a TUSL2-C M/B. Got the latest flash from Asus but the processor Vcore still is 1.52V. It should be 1.475V. The bios will not allow me to set the voltage any lower. I don't want to burn it up. Anyone have any ideas???

More about : tualatin processor

October 18, 2001 2:36:30 AM

Someone posted in a thread a while back about Asus always jacking their voltages a little high. I would have to agree with this, as on the A7M266, the DDR voltages are defaulted to 2.8v, up from 2.5v. Some other reports from various people have confirmed other parts of various boards are jacked a little high.

Asus must always do it.

I would not worry about burning up your CPU. Not that much more voltage.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2001 2:52:56 AM

I'd put that extra voltage to good use by overclocking that puppy. :wink:
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2001 5:07:08 PM

I have a simular cpu except mine is the 1.333ghz. I went with the TUA266 mb from ASUS. It does support the right voltage and also alows for a DDR use if you want( also supports SDRAM).
October 19, 2001 7:08:03 AM

VRM 8.5 specs of 0.025V is too much for voltage regulators used in today's technology (It was made only to justify the new socket that intel made only to make users to buy new equipment). <b>If you don't want to burn the CPU - upgrade to AMD </b>. j/k .0.045 volt will not burn nothing nor make any difference.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 19, 2001 12:56:28 PM

A bit off topic, but how much did you pay for that ? And what on earth convinced you to buy it ?

Heck, dont get me wrong, this is a *very* nice cpu, but over here, it almost costs twice as much as an Athlon XP 1700+ and about as much as a Pentium IV 1.9 Ghz, both of which are faster and both of which have motherboards with upgrade capabilites. No flaming or trolling, just wondering... for a server ? heavy overclocking ? or just for the 'cool' factor of the cpu ?

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with an AMD chip
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:37:00 PM

Thanks for the post's on the Tualatin processor. I got the thing as a kind of a gift( If you know what I mean ). If I had not gotten it and the M/B so cheaply, a P4 or Athlon would have been the way to go. I think I'll just crank it up and run it for a while.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:41:04 PM

Yep. Its time to kick the tires and light the fires and see where this thing will run.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:45:45 PM

I like the AMD idea. If I hadn't gotten this thing cheep, I would have gone another way.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:47:31 PM

Thanks for the data. Seems to be true about Asus. I am just going to run it.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:49:45 PM

Ok on the TUA266 m/b. I did not have a choice. Got the whole thing at a "very" friendly price.
a b à CPUs
October 21, 2001 3:14:55 AM

Actually you probably alerady have the best board. That voltage difference will not hurt the CPU at all. In fact, it's a good sign for overclocking.

Back to you Tom...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 22, 2001 3:39:40 AM

Thanks for the comment. Just did not want to screw it up...
!