Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Outlook wierdness

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 22, 2004 3:27:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Can anyone help with this strange thing..

I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6 keeps
going to another account, and putting that account's email address as mine
when reply to emails.

I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.

There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
annoyingly regularly.


How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?


Cheers

T

More about : outlook wierdness

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:27:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

In Outlook Express: Tools > Accounts > choose an account > Properties >
specify the return address.

Ted Zieglar

"Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote in message
news:ciqddr$bjk$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Can anyone help with this strange thing..
>
> I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6 keeps
> going to another account, and putting that account's email address as mine
> when reply to emails.
>
> I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.
>
> There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
> annoyingly regularly.
>
>
> How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?
>
>
> Cheers
>
> T
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:27:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

There's an option setting, somewhere -- that sets a particular account as
the default account. Apparently you don't have yours set correctly.


"Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote in message
news:ciqddr$bjk$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Can anyone help with this strange thing..
>
> I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6 keeps
> going to another account, and putting that account's email address as mine
> when reply to emails.
>
> I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.
>
> There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
> annoyingly regularly.
>
>
> How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?
>
>
> Cheers
>
> T
>
>
>
Related resources
September 22, 2004 1:36:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Thanks for the tips, but I do have one account set as Default.. but no
matter what I do, OE keeps putting mail sent to my default address, and
having the return address of another non-default account.

Hmmm

What to do?


"Dick Silk" <dick_silk@anti-spam.net> wrote in message
news:4150e54b$1_3@newspeer2.tds.net...
> There's an option setting, somewhere -- that sets a particular account as
> the default account. Apparently you don't have yours set correctly.
>
>
> "Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote in message
> news:ciqddr$bjk$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> > Can anyone help with this strange thing..
> >
> > I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6 keeps
> > going to another account, and putting that account's email address as
mine
> > when reply to emails.
> >
> > I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.
> >
> > There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
> > annoyingly regularly.
> >
> >> > How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?
> >
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > T
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:27:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote:

>Can anyone help with this strange thing..
>
>I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6 keeps
>going to another account, and putting that account's email address as mine
>when reply to emails.
>
>I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.
>
>There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
>annoyingly regularly.
>
>How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?

No guarantees, but.

Set one of your other email addresses as the default. Send out a
couple of test emails using that "new" default account, to see
that it has been picked up. Then reset the default back to the
original account. Try a few more tests.

Or, better yet. Ditch OE and move to a *real* email client. ;->
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 11:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Have you tried blowing away all the accounts, closing down OE and then
reentering the account info?

"Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote in message
news:cirh3b$juh$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Thanks for the tips, but I do have one account set as Default.. but no
> matter what I do, OE keeps putting mail sent to my default address, and
> having the return address of another non-default account.
>
> Hmmm
>
> What to do?
>
>
> "Dick Silk" <dick_silk@anti-spam.net> wrote in message
> news:4150e54b$1_3@newspeer2.tds.net...
>> There's an option setting, somewhere -- that sets a particular account as
>> the default account. Apparently you don't have yours set correctly.
>>
>>
>> "Tony" <lkj@lkj.com> wrote in message
>> news:ciqddr$bjk$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>> > Can anyone help with this strange thing..
>> >
>> > I have one account that's set as my default, but Outlook express 6
>> > keeps
>> > going to another account, and putting that account's email address as
> mine
>> > when reply to emails.
>> >
>> > I've tried deleting the second account, then re setting it but no luck.
>> >
>> > There seems to be no logic to this, it happens.. occasionally, but
>> > annoyingly regularly.
>> >
>> >> > How can I make OE6 use my default email address when I'm replying?
>> >
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > T
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
!