MN-700 - Access Point - Cannot use Management Tool

Last response: in Networking
December 5, 2004 7:36:33 PM

Hi,

I'm puzzled. I have an MN-700 configured as an access
point. I cannot use the Management tool.

I even open a browser and type http://192.168.2.1 and it
can't find it.

My setup is like this:

Windows 2003 Server wired to hub.
Windows XP Pro wired to hub.
MN-700 wired to hub.
Laptop wireless (no trouble accessing the Internet or the
internal network)

Any clues?

Thanks for your help, C.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 11:09:06 PM

When the MN700 is configured as an Access point, it's ip address is not
192.168.2.1 anymore.

The IP address is whatever your (new) DHCP server is giving it.

You should be able to access the MN700 by typing http://<nameof therouter>
where the name of the router is what you named it just before switching it
to access point mode.

If you can't remember the name, look at your DHCP server's logs and see what
ip it assigned the base station.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Cristian" <xtianpel@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm puzzled. I have an MN-700 configured as an access
> point. I cannot use the Management tool.
>
> I even open a browser and type http://192.168.2.1 and it
> can't find it.
>
> My setup is like this:
>
> Windows 2003 Server wired to hub.
> Windows XP Pro wired to hub.
> MN-700 wired to hub.
> Laptop wireless (no trouble accessing the Internet or the
> internal network)
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks for your help, C.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 11:09:07 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the DHCP logs and nothing is appearing there.

I remember before I was going to put it in Access Mode
(as I had before), I turned off DHCP on the wireless
router. After that I lost connectivity and I haven't
been able to connect since. Apparently it is not getting
and address form my DHCP server. Any other ideas?
Related resources
December 5, 2004 11:09:08 PM

Do a hard reset and start over.

December 5, 2004 11:45:12 PM

Once again a moron pretending to be me.

Joker wrote:

> Do a hard reset and start over.

assistance.

time.
December 19, 2004 1:59:51 PM

I'm having the same problem as you. For some reason when
this thing is switched over to an access point it refuses
to accept an address from my existing DHCP server (Linksys
54g).

Everything I've seen says that it will respond to what you
name it in the management tool. The default name is
MN-700, so if you didn't chage it this is what you are
looking for. However, keep in mind that if you aren't
getting an address from the DHCP you won't be able to find
it by name either.

I'm going to try a firmware upgrade myself.. I'll let you
know if it works out.

!