MN-700 - Access Point - Cannot use Management Tool

Hi,

I'm puzzled. I have an MN-700 configured as an access
point. I cannot use the Management tool.

I even open a browser and type http://192.168.2.1 and it
can't find it.

My setup is like this:

Windows 2003 Server wired to hub.
Windows XP Pro wired to hub.
MN-700 wired to hub.
Laptop wireless (no trouble accessing the Internet or the
internal network)

Any clues?

Thanks for your help, C.
5 answers Last reply
More about access point management tool

    When the MN700 is configured as an Access point, it's ip address is not
    192.168.2.1 anymore.

    The IP address is whatever your (new) DHCP server is giving it.

    You should be able to access the MN700 by typing http://<nameof therouter>
    where the name of the router is what you named it just before switching it
    to access point mode.

    If you can't remember the name, look at your DHCP server's logs and see what
    ip it assigned the base station.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Cristian" <xtianpel@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm puzzled. I have an MN-700 configured as an access
    > point. I cannot use the Management tool.
    >
    > I even open a browser and type http://192.168.2.1 and it
    > can't find it.
    >
    > My setup is like this:
    >
    > Windows 2003 Server wired to hub.
    > Windows XP Pro wired to hub.
    > MN-700 wired to hub.
    > Laptop wireless (no trouble accessing the Internet or the
    > internal network)
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > Thanks for your help, C.

    Thanks for your reply.

    I checked the DHCP logs and nothing is appearing there.

    I remember before I was going to put it in Access Mode
    (as I had before), I turned off DHCP on the wireless
    router. After that I lost connectivity and I haven't
    been able to connect since. Apparently it is not getting
    and address form my DHCP server. Any other ideas?

    Do a hard reset and start over.

    Once again a moron pretending to be me.

    Joker wrote:

    > Do a hard reset and start over.

    assistance.

    time.

    I'm having the same problem as you. For some reason when
    this thing is switched over to an access point it refuses
    to accept an address from my existing DHCP server (Linksys
    54g).

    Everything I've seen says that it will respond to what you
    name it in the management tool. The default name is
    MN-700, so if you didn't chage it this is what you are
    looking for. However, keep in mind that if you aren't
    getting an address from the DHCP you won't be able to find
    it by name either.

    I'm going to try a firmware upgrade myself.. I'll let you
    know if it works out.

Routers Windows Server 2003 Management Networking