Cannith Alchemist Savant?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84587.jpg

This is a picture of one, from the Sharn: City of Towers gallery.

However, there's no such thing in Sharn: City of Towers itself!

There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of NPCs
and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard anything
about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Alien mind control rays made Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> write:
> There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of NPCs
> and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard anything
> about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?

they cut the prc because they're all total lushes.

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84587.jpg
>
> This is a picture of one, from the Sharn: City of Towers gallery.
>
> However, there's no such thing in Sharn: City of Towers itself!
>
> There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of
> NPCs and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard
> anything about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?

Apparently, it was cut for balance reasons. I'd dig up the appropriate
thread on the WotC boards, but they're down for maintenance at the moment.

--
Mark.

drow@bin.sh wrote:

> > There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of NPCs
> > and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard anything
> > about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?
>
> they cut the prc because they're all total lushes.

The WotC guys, or the PrC members...?

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid wrote:

> > http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84587.jpg
> >
> > This is a picture of one, from the Sharn: City of Towers gallery.
> >
> > However, there's no such thing in Sharn: City of Towers itself!
> >
> > There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of
> > NPCs and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard
> > anything about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?
>
> Apparently, it was cut for balance reasons. I'd dig up the appropriate
> thread on the WotC boards, but they're down for maintenance at the moment.

I'd be interested in the thread, if you get the time when the boards are
up and running again.

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid wrote:
>
>>> http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84587.jpg
>>>
>>> This is a picture of one, from the Sharn: City of Towers gallery.
>>>
>>> However, there's no such thing in Sharn: City of Towers itself!
>>>
>>> There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of
>>> NPCs and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard
>>> anything about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?
>>
>> Apparently, it was cut for balance reasons. I'd dig up the
>> appropriate thread on the WotC boards, but they're down for
>> maintenance at the moment.
>
> I'd be interested in the thread, if you get the time when the boards
> are up and running again.

This is what showed up in the Ask Keith Baker thread on Eberron General:

Q Originally Posted by Joni-san: I'd like to know what will befall the
chibi-forged, the Cannith Alchemist Savant and other things that didn't have
room in the Sharn source-book?

A: I don't know. As a freelancer, I'm not privy to those sorts of decisions.
Looking to the ECS, a few of the monsters that we couldn't fit into the book
appeared in the MM III. I doubt that WotC will let good material go to
waste, but I don't know when or where these things might appear. Bear in
mind also that the development team may have decided to pull a PrC or
creature due to balance concerns during testing; if WotC decides that
something was fatally flawed, it might never turn up. But I'll ask when I
have a chance.

--
Mark.

"Jasin Zujovic" <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote in message
> http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84587.jpg
>
> This is a picture of one, from the Sharn: City of Towers gallery.
>
> However, there's no such thing in Sharn: City of Towers itself!
>
> There are other pics that didn't make it into the book (pictures of NPCs
> and such), but this looks/sounds like a PrC. Has anybody heard anything
> about it, what it was like, what made them cut it?

Going by the picture I would say this was a PrC with the ability to carry
big jugs, drink from big jugs, and on occasion, unintentionally (or
intentionally) expose her big jugs.

--

-smithdoerr

Damn sounds like something one of my players would dream up. :)

> Going by the picture I would say this was a PrC with the ability to carry
> big jugs, drink from big jugs, and on occasion, unintentionally (or
> intentionally) expose her big jugs.

> >> Apparently, it was cut for balance reasons. I'd dig up the
> >> appropriate thread on the WotC boards, but they're down for
> >> maintenance at the moment.
> >
> > I'd be interested in the thread, if you get the time when the boards
> > are up and running again.
>
> This is what showed up in the Ask Keith Baker thread on Eberron General:
>
> Q Originally Posted by Joni-san: I'd like to know what will befall the
> chibi-forged, the Cannith Alchemist Savant and other things that didn't have
> room in the Sharn source-book?
>
> A: I don't know. As a freelancer, I'm not privy to those sorts of decisions.
> Looking to the ECS, a few of the monsters that we couldn't fit into the book
> appeared in the MM III. I doubt that WotC will let good material go to
> waste, but I don't know when or where these things might appear. Bear in
> mind also that the development team may have decided to pull a PrC or
> creature due to balance concerns during testing; if WotC decides that
> something was fatally flawed, it might never turn up. But I'll ask when I
> have a chance.

OK, thanks... but now I have to ask: chibi-forged?

--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr

In article <3cnd3qF6n6o9hU1@individual.net>,
"Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:

> http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84599.jpg

The gallery page called it a humunculi.
<http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20041112a&page=3>

Was it supposed to be a humunculus created by a warforged wizard?
(Normal humunculi (ie the one in the MM1) require a pint of the
creator's blood, so either a warforged wizard can't make a humunculi or
they end up with little metal puppets doing their bidding.) Anyone knows
what it was meant to be? And why it got dropped?

Charleson Mambo

To confuse, inveigle, and obfuscate.
<spam> www.accanthology.com Buy "The Alt.Cyberpunk.Chatsubo Anthology" </spam>

Jasin Zujovic wrote:
> m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid wrote:
>
>> Q Originally Posted by Joni-san: I'd like to know what will befall the
>> chibi-forged, the Cannith Alchemist Savant and other things that didn't
>> have room in the Sharn source-book?
>>
>> A: I don't know. As a freelancer, I'm not privy to those sorts of
>> decisions. Looking to the ECS, a few of the monsters that we couldn't
>> fit into the book appeared in the MM III. I doubt that WotC will let
>> good material go to waste, but I don't know when or where these things
>> might appear. Bear in mind also that the development team may have
>> decided to pull a PrC or creature due to balance concerns during
>> testing; if WotC decides that something was fatally flawed, it might
>> never turn up. But I'll ask when I have a chance.
>
> OK, thanks... but now I have to ask: chibi-forged?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84599.jpg

"Homonculi".

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Asatoma sat gamaya, tamasoma jyotir gamaya, mrityorma anritam gamaya.

Charleson Mambo wrote:
> In article <3cnd3qF6n6o9hU1@individual.net>,
> "Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:
>
>> http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84599.jpg
>

> The gallery page called it a humunculi.
> <http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20041112a&page=3>
>
> Was it supposed to be a humunculus created by a warforged wizard?
> (Normal humunculi (ie the one in the MM1) require a pint of the
> creator's blood, so either a warforged wizard can't make a humunculi
> or they end up with little metal puppets doing their bidding.)

According to the setting creator, Warforged have an alchemical circulatory
fluid which can stand in for blood for certain applications, including
homunculus-creation and blood-drain attacks.

> Anyone knows what it was meant to be? And why it got dropped?

The Eberron Campaign Setting introduced a few new homunculi. Presumably,
this mini-warforged was intended to be another, and perhaps the ghost-like
figure behind it was to be yet another, but they were dropped from the book
for either space or balance reasons. I read the Eberron boards, and I don't
recall any specific information about these constructs having been given,
despite several enquiries.

--
Mark.