Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 ghz

Rassler

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2001
i am looking into buying the retail version of this processor. Will cpu temp be a problem with the standard heatsink? What is a temp range where i could have a stable system and not put extra wear my cpu???

Nice people are kool...Mean people just suck :lol:

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
By standard heatsink are you going to use the boxed version that includes the hsf, If so yes it is enough for stock speed. overclocking is another matter.
Your temps should be around 40-60c mine is a bit lower becaouse of a home brew hsf im using. But those temps are around normal. And remember the temp will go up as you put more strain on the system but not to worry as long as you under 60c.
Also if this is your first athlon socket a built be carefull putting the hsf on the proc, As any rocking of the hsf may crack the proc and ruin it.

When I go into a computer store I lose all means of reason for some reason.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by chaotictech on 10/19/01 12:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

I have a retail version of the 1.2 athlon. It runs well at 1333-1360, with a .25 voltage increase for the cpu and 2.55 setting for the ddram, if your mobo supports changing the ddram voltage. Stick to the heatsink pad, if you plan on keeping the cpu for 3 years. Not using it will void amd's warranty. The safest way to overclock is by just changing the multiplier and fsb, and leaving the voltage alone.