Solved

Windows start up screen in wrong position

Hello,

Over the last several weeks, when I start up my Acer Netbook with Windows 7 starter, the first screen with the enter password box is loading up about an inch too low. As a result every screen winds up being too low ant the bottom of every page gets cut off and I can't scroll all the way down.

At first I would get this problem every once in a while, now it is happening constantly. Once in a while it will start up in the right location

The people at Microsoft says it is a problem with the operating system and offered to fix it at a substantial cost since the warranty just expired, of course. I also chatted with the manufacturer who suggested the problem was (a) corrupt file(s). I listened to their suggested solution and formatted the hard drive back to factory default condition. for a minute it looked like I solved the problem as on the firs couple of start ups the problem was gone. But soon after attempting to restore my files the problem came back and I still have it.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have, as this problem with the cut off screen is affecting my ability to work.

Eugene Waller
eugene_waller_71111@yahoo.com
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows start screen wrong position
  1. Hi. Update or reinstall the graphic drivers. You can also uninstall the current drivers, restart and they should be reinstalled when you reboot
  2. Best answer
    Refresh rate could be out of sync with your video. It causes the video to be off center.

migrax
  3. You sir are a genius! After getting my new graphics card, my computer screen was off the center. Looked for answers, reformatted, installed and uninstalled graphic drivers a millions, did the whole nine yards; and walla, all I had to do was change the refresh rate! I have OCD so I didn't like having that thing off the hook on me. Every time I started the monitor...all I had to do was hit auto adjust...but didn't want that. I cannot thank you sir, mister, hero, king.... My OCD is good.

Thanks dude.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7