Sign in with
Your question

XBOX gets the BSOD !!!!!!!

Last response: in CPUs
October 20, 2001 3:05:19 PM

Is that for real ? Just shows you XBOX is a PC in disguise (which is what I thought all along).

P.S It is green (GSOD)

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>
October 20, 2001 4:14:40 PM

HAHA!
microsoft signature!
cant make a mistake on that!

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>
Related resources
October 20, 2001 4:15:58 PM

Ctrl-Alt-Delete anyone?

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>
October 20, 2001 8:06:14 PM

A-B-Fire more likely ;) 

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
October 20, 2001 8:06:59 PM

<b>LMAO!</b>

Would you like a Quarter Pounder?
No, thank you. Just give me the BIG heatsink. It's an Athlon.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 21, 2001 7:10:55 PM

It says XDK on the top.. X-box Software Development Kit ? Not really suprising it generates error messages then. What do you all think, software for X-box cant contain bugs ?

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with an AMD chip
October 21, 2001 7:20:11 PM

that's what happened when they tried running the xbos with amd processors
October 21, 2001 7:50:27 PM

The XBox uses 733MHz P3s not AMD processors.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
October 21, 2001 8:12:12 PM

I wouldn't go laughing just like that, it isn't even a BSOD you numbnut!! There are no real error codes, just a small problem.
It happens sometimes and I don't think taking this into account that it's MS that it should be crashing. And yes XDK is meant to have its share of probs, it isn't even final!!
October 21, 2001 11:01:23 PM

ahhh x-box is due out in a month or less so they better be ready real quick. And they are getting error messages. Has anyone seen that same problem for any other console system? The x-box is the only console i have heard of that has crashed. not just by that link posted but i have heard of other stories and links. and no i do not remember the link!

Sounds like a typical microsoft product. POS in my opinion! I'm sensing a major recall and a drop out of the console market! lol! that would benefit everyone really! lol!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 21, 2001 11:14:53 PM

I supose this msg wasnt meant for me ? I mean, Im not laughing...

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 22, 2001 1:14:58 AM

If i wanted to buy another pc, i would, not this piece of trash.

BTW, i was almost sure the XBOX was going to use a 733 celeron, not a P3? Anyone...

(when all else fails, throw your XBOX out the window!!!!!!!)

:eek:  <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel
October 22, 2001 2:30:57 AM

yeah it is a celeron, 8 gig hdd, nice graphics and audio, and some network card. I bet they have it running XP so u cant upgrade it (hey is the myth about not being able to upgrade hardware in win xp true).
POS in my opinion

The only one with a true post count!
October 22, 2001 2:32:37 AM

GameCube w00t w00t

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 22, 2001 7:09:16 AM

>(hey is the myth about not being able to upgrade hardware
>in win xp true).

No. Of course you can upgrade, but if you change too many things (like MB, NIC and videocard at once) you may have to re-activate windows. Not a big deal if your soft is legal.

October 22, 2001 9:25:07 AM

Next time read up on some thing before you try to trash Amd. Or get your head out of your ass So we can understand you.
October 22, 2001 4:56:48 PM

Quote:
GameCube w00t w00t

If the GameCube didn't look like it belongs in Barbie's Mansion, I might consider it :)  I'll probably be a good console, though.

BTW, since this IS a development box, you can't hold it against the real thing. All I have to do is hit Ctrl twice and ScrLk once, and my W2k box will BSOD itself. Is that Microsoft's error? No, I did that on purpose. Think a bit before you start going off about M$'s "crappy products".

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>
October 22, 2001 7:07:56 PM

Sorry man, I was pointing at them, by agreeing with your reply!
No intentions!
October 22, 2001 9:27:05 PM

rcf84, I wonder how someone checks the X-Box hard drive for errors and also how one defragments the hard drive???? :frown: Hmmmm, what if the operating system gets messed up? :redface: How do you reinstall it? What in the hell is the hard drive for? :eek:  If you buy too many games will it fill up the hard drive then politely tells you that you have exceeded the game capacity of your licence??? :mad:  WTF? :mad:  How about new drivers for the GF3 inside, will it cause conflicts with the older games or must everyone get stuck with inferior GF3 drivers? :tongue: Man what in the hell was MicroShaft thinking about? :eek: 

GAME CUBE wOOt wOOT.
October 22, 2001 10:09:08 PM

That sum's its up. GameCube's DATA CARD can goto 4gb's no defrag needed. Gamecube w00t w00t.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2001 2:22:19 AM

I wonder how it would overclock (not that i'm seriously considering buying one...).
Get over GameCube, its just another PO royal S. The only thing worth buying is a PC. Dreamcast was the [-peep-] back in the day because it featured a lot of new games that were not available on the PC. Now it sucks with the rest of them, PS2 included. Nowdays however everyone releases games for the PC in addition to whatever console it comes out.
And guess what: if i can't get a PC version, I'll emulate it !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! :) 

:eek:  <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel
October 23, 2001 2:26:54 AM

What's a Dreamcast? Some sort of sleeping aid?

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>
October 23, 2001 9:37:17 AM

Alpha, that is true for the xbox and the ps2, but nintendo's strength is their in house game development, You will NEVER see a zelda on the pc, or metroid, or kid icarus, or a mario or goldeneye or any other number of franchises, unlike sony and m$ who are in it to make a buck and reinvent the console.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~
October 23, 2001 2:33:45 PM

hey thats pretty funny but means nothing. if u have ever played dreamcast it uses a modified version of windows (it says it in the fron)and has yet to ever crash. just thought u would like to know.
!