1. What is your budget? Up to $1,000. The lower the better, but if there's a computer that's absolutely worth $1,000, I'd consider getting it.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Something average-sized, about 14"-16" ?
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1680?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable for the most part.
5. How much battery life do you need? At least 2 hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I'm not a big gamer, but I tend to play TF2 and Granado Espada on rare occasions. Low game quality doesn't necessarily bother me, but I just don't want my computer screen to blackout (which is what my current laptop does).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I usually have VLC, multiple chrome tabs, and trillian running. Sometimes, I need to use GIMP for a while but it's never been a problem on my computer, so I'm assuming it won't be a big problem on any other laptop. I'm just a big multitasker.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I currently have 285GB, so something that's... at least that? I have an external hard drive with 465GB of space.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Nothing in particular... but I would like the laptop in a week (:
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? It's going to be my companion throughout my college! I know laptops usually last two years, though.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I think a DVD ROM/Writer is good enough for me.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I've been looking into Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, and Asus because overall, I've heard good things about them. I'm opened to other brands as well.
I absolutely despise HP laptops. I currently have one that freezes whenever I insert an SD card or USB, is annoyingly loud, and blacks out when I attempt to play a little Granado Espada and TF2.
13. What country do you live in? The United States.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I've been told to look for laptops with i7 processors.
Ah, that sounds fantastic. I'll start looking into sager's more, now. I've been browsing lenovo for a while.
At the moment, I'm just getting more worried about receiving the laptop before I leave the country on June 2nd. That only allows a maximum of five shipping days without cutting it too close.
Yeah... I have been told that. I think an i5 would work perfectly well with me, since I do not foresee using any programs that require an i7. Also, if I go with an i5, it'd be cheaper, which is also a plus. My friend has an i5 that has lasted him for four years, and all I'm looking for is a reliable laptop that will last me at least four years (hopefully).
I'm currently enrolled as a criminology major, but I think I might switch to a major in English with a minor in criminology and/or psychology. I'm assuming none of these require an i7.