Sign in with
Your question

Update Windows 7

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 17, 2010 7:14:29 AM

Dear Sir,

I hv Compaq Laptop with 3 gb RAM and 320 gb HDD and 2.7 Ghz Dual Core CPU.
i have install windows 7 in it,bt it is creating some problem,it runs smoothly for 1.5 - 2 hours,bt after that it goes shutdown without any message. i want to know that, how can i update my wndows 7. will i need the activation key for it, and how can i get that.

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Kumar
EDP Incharge

More about : update windows

a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2010 7:51:22 AM

It sounds like you're running the RC rather than a retail copy.

Yes, you need an activation key. To get it you buy a retail copy of Windows 7.
m
l
a c 421 $ Windows 7
May 17, 2010 1:52:02 PM

it will shut down every 2 hours because basically it is a trial,ijack is right you need to make a retail purchase now!
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2010 1:59:05 PM

A retail copy costs too much.
I would recommend you to buy a HP oem windows 7
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2010 8:36:11 PM

Retail upgrade is the best option.
m
l
May 17, 2010 9:22:34 PM

Hello newcomer,

You can perform a clean install from a Windows 7 upgrade version however you will have to have a valid previous copy of Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista installed to validate the upgrade and activate the product key. Please note that when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 you will not have an "in place upgrade" option. You will however have the option to select "custom" install when prompted. The Windows 7 install process will then copy all of your data in "My Documents" over to a Windows.old folder within Windows 7 itself. All applications and documents stored in other locations will have to be reinstalled / transferred manually.
For more information on the Windows 7 Upgrade, please go here: http://bit.ly/3DvynK

For additional assistance with the migration of Windows XP to Windows 7, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/mhbep4

thanks again,
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team

m
l
!