Intel has the upper hand

bentmelchior

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001
I´m by no means an intel or AMD fan.

The problem with the new xp processors is AMD´s way marketing it. It´s a well known fact that the common consumer ( 1st time buyers ) recognizes the speed as Mhz/Ghz.
The Pr rating ( eventhough it is relevant because mhz=speed is wrong ) is confusing the common public.
If they want to sell even more processors throw away the Pr system introduce a 50 stage pipeline and a speed of 3ghz.(cooling might be a problem lol)

People want mhz not PR.So what, if they don´t perform as well give the public what they want.

system.1
1.6ghz P4
Shuttle av-40
256MB pc2100

System.2
Athlon 700mhz
Aopen ak72
256MB pc133 cas 2

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
first of all we had a thread talking about just that, look it up.
second whats up with those rigs?i dont get the question concerning them.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
it would help also if amd zealots were able to control themselves, I recieved spam email from someone on this board and I do not appreciate it. I believe the people here need to grow up.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
intel_inside your starting to piss me off, althogh i didnt send that mail you will be getting allot more then that soon if you dont stop spamming threads with bullshit, now please you grow up!

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
</font color=green>

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Ummm...no it isn't.

Anyways, why the hell do these people have to start threads like this? It just invites a flame war to happen.

Secondly, AMD most likely does not want to use a huge pipeline currently as there is no preformance to be gained by it, even some apps are slowed by a long pipeline. Notice as to why a 1.9GHz PIV preforms about the same as a 1.4GHz TBird. Case closed.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
yes it is, and it would look really bad if tomshardware was pegged as a 'spam site' but that is what would happen if people on the boards began doing that, I personally hope the moderator(s) will ban the people who threaten other users by illegal means.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
lol, you made me lough again.
you dont really understand the problam with internet.
i wasnt talking about spam, if i were to threat some one of spaming him he would lough his ass off, the internet provides me with tools much more disastarous then "spaming" try not to make ppl you dont know mad at you over the net.

this was not to threat you at any way just for common knolage.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
</font color=green>

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
If my opinions make people mad then they should try and debunk them by respectable means, spamming people with email is a sign of extreme immaturity and it also shows the person is unable to counter my opinions so they have to resort to harassing me. Anyway, enough of this, I'm sure some of my recent posts prove to people that I am only a partial crackpot.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
i never said you were, but posting some stupid post as "amd is sh%t" and such is really annoying.
i say again i wasnt the one to spam you, then again i wouldt spam you anyway.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
</font color=green>

kusek

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I also did not and would not spam you but have observed some of your threads and responses in this forum. I hope you have sense enough to see the hypocrisy of your remarks. Extreme immaturity? Come on.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Hmmm yes, I was wondering when I first saw him....same dipshit writing style, same whining, same ridiculous, unbacked claims.

I think it's time to break out the Mighty Cane again...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Deffinatly bowser, and the guy smilin or whatever in the graphics forum, I think he is the new sn of that guy who claimed having more fps in a game made the character run faster jump higher, and that if he was playing anyone when he was at 80fps and they were at 40 he would win everytime. I forgot his nickname however, what was it.

::thinks::

Regardless, I am pretty sure intel inside is bowser, they seem so alike.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

bentmelchior

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001
That was my point.....
The pipeline doesn´t increase the efficiency it just makes higher clock speeds easier to reach.
The point of my letter was people want MHZ not Performance....Thats the the argument for AMD to create a processor with a longer pipeline...

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
People are stupid, No company should release a crippled product because people THINK its better, what happens when people finally realize that 3ghz athlon 4 with netburst archetecture is beaten soundly by a 1.7ghz athlon xp, people can only be stupid for so long you know.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
actually people can be much longer stupid..
but then i dont know even if they knew AMD was faster, they would buy AMD, they kinda stick to one brand to scared to move.
same with Linux and Windows.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
</font color=green>

G

>lough
>problam
>disastarous
>knolage

I am sorried, I had to ask: you are doing this on purpose, aren't you ? Your posts always make me thing of that French postman in 'Allo allo (=English tv comedy on the resistance in WWII)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

G

OKay, assuming you are not joking, here goes:

>lough should be Laugh
>problam should be Problem
>disastarous should be disasterous
>knolage should be knowledge

english is not my native language either (so anyone correct me if I'm wrong) but you always type an "a" instead of an "e". Which reminds me of a tv comedy which you probably do not know where there is a French postman or something that speaks english in an incomprehensible way by mixing vowels. It goes something like:
"Gadmeurning laidees end gantlemin. WHo do you daw ?"..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
If you don't want to be spammed, then don't put personal data on the net in public places Intel. It's not that hard to avoid.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

FatBurger

Illustrious
I think he is the new sn of that guy who claimed having more fps in a game made the character run faster jump higher, and that if he was playing anyone when he was at 80fps and they were at 40 he would win everytime.

I doubt it. I remember who you're talking abotu (but not his name), and he was a nice guy. Just delusioned :)

Course, there is a noticeable difference between 1 FPS and 60 FPS...

Anyhow, in the old days speed was determined by the processor. So the people with the slowest processor won (the games would go slower, but since there was no multiplayer back then, the slower people got the highest scores). Try playing a very early arcade game on your current machine, and it'll fly.

BTW, Kelledin, what is the 'Mighty Crane'?

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

TRENDING THREADS