Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Hello,

Hi Iam using Dell inspiron n5010, from recent i am getting "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" while laptop running. suddenly screen brightness going up. sometimes bluscreen coming and suddenly going shutdown. why this happening? and give me some fixing ideas.

thanks in advance...
answers
Last reply
More about display driver stopped responding recovered
  1. how long have you got the laptop because dust might have built up in there and making it overheating...
  2. i purchased this ago 2 years . while using laptop heat produces too much, is that the cause?
  3. legendkiller said:
    how long have you got the laptop because dust might have built up in there and making it overheating...

i purchased this ago 2 years . while using laptop heat produces too much, is that the cause?
  4. legendkiller said:
    how long have you got the laptop because dust might have built up in there and making it overheating...

i purchased this ago 2 years . while using laptop heat produces too much, is that the cause?
  5. vasud said:

heat is mostly the cause IF it's not on a flat surface or dust built up in there...
  6. legendkiller said:
    heat is mostly the cause IF it's not on a flat surface or dust built up in there...

about this problem, i want to show you a screenshot of bluescreen error. how can i upload the screenshot here?
  7. You have to upload the image to a site like ImageShack. Then post up the url here inside
  8. The Stealthinator said:
    You have to upload the image to a site like ImageShack. Then post up the url here inside

firstly, thanks for your advice. i uploaded bluescreen error to imageshack and following is the url for screenshot.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8814/error1yy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/error1yy.jpg/
  9. A stop: 0x00000116 indicates a problem with the display driver. Boot to safe mode and remove the video driver, reboot, download and install the latest driver from Dell.
  10. You'd have to boot into safe mode with networking, for that.
  11. ex_bubblehead said:
    A stop: 0x00000116 indicates a problem with the display driver. Boot to safe mode and remove the video driver, reboot, download and install the latest driver from Dell.

thanks for ur reply. i will try that now.
  12. The Stealthinator said:
    You'd have to boot into safe mode with networking, for that.

thanks for ur reply. i will try that now.
  13. i can not uninstall from safe mode with networking. windows showing error cannot uninstall from safe mode. what i do for this?

thanks in advance.
  14. Try repairing from Windows DVD.
  15. sometimes laptop not starting, getting sound like keek,keek,keek continuosly after and after sounds like that.

after i tried some times its starting.
  16. And then?
  17. it starts normally, when i watch youtube videos or online videos or video calling, suddenly screen will be off and blue screen error coming and windows terminating.
    and i poweroff the laptop and poweron and it starts.
  18. There has to be some hardware issue. If you can't spot any physical damage, you might have to stress each component and see which one is faulty.
  19. i taken my laptop to servicing center. they said some issue in graphics chipset. need to change to solve the problem.

yesterday i collected laptop from servicing center, laptop turning on after i see desktop laptop suddenly turning off with in few mins(2 to 3mins)

why this happening?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Dell Inspiron Windows 7 Displays