MS Windows XP Pentium 4 processor Specific Code

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.intel.com/home/scenes/news/windowsXP_code.htm" target="_new">This link</A> details specific Windows XP code implemented by Microsoft with Intel's input. This built-in software support takes advantage of the Pentium 4 processor's advanced micro-architecture to guarantee optimum performance.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Doesn't sound like significant optimizations. Sounds like support for SSE2 apps, SSE2 in DirectX and SSE (not 2) support in Networking.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Oddly, the P4 and Athlon both seem to get an equal performance boost going from Win2K to WinXP...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
no link?no benches?

btw networking does not get significant effect from the CPU, not under any case.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Face it, Raystonn. You were intetionally trying to make people miss it by disguising it with the words "This link" :)

<font color=orange>Quarter <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
o, just noticed it, this is really not such a big deal, untill software come SSE2 compatible/optimised AMD will put out the hammer...
seems like this goes both ways..

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Rayy, lol, your first post sounded like an advertisement.

Interesting info however, but like kelledin said, athlons and p4s gain about the same speed going to xp.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~