Laptop specs/gaming advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zingaliam

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hello everyone.

I am interested in buying a laptop that i intend to use for gaming and i was wondering if this laptop will be able to handle it. The game genres i would play are RPG, shooter and simulation. Specifically neverwinter nights, the battlefield series, age of empires, loki, etc. The laptop is a HP DV6 DV6217TX.

I would also like to know the limitations of this laptop and what i could do to improve it. Whether that be upgrading RAM or anything.

I would also like to know what operating system to use. As i have the option of installing Windows XP Home Premium SP3 or Windows Vista Ultimate. I would like the operating system that gives the best gaming, video and web browsing.

I'm on a tight budget, the laptop will cost about $200, so any upgrade i would like to be max $150. If you have any suggestions for other laptops of a similar price, please suggest them too!

Here are the specs:

Features: Processor: Intel Dual Core Processor @1.7GHz
Memory: 2GB DDR2 667 (1GB X 2)
Hard Drive: 120GB,
Optical Drive: DVD Writer with double layer support with light scribe
Display: 15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with 256MB Dedicated
Audio: Altec Lansing branded speakers
Networking: Integrated 10 / 100Mbps Ethernet network port.
Modem: Integrated 56K modem
Wireless: Integrated 802.11abg WiFi
Bluetooth is built in but cant find the right driver for it.
Webcam: 1.3MP
Card Reader: Integrated 5-in-1 digital memory reader slot (xD, SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO)
IO: (1) IEEE 1394 port, (1) S-video port, (1) VGA port, (1) Notebook Expansion Slot, (1) HeadphoneLine-out, (1) AC power adapter, (1) RJ-11, (1) RJ-45, (3) USB 2.0 ports
Battery: Lithium Ion, 6 Cell
Weight & Dimensions (mm): 2.76kg 357 x 256x 43 (w x d x h)

Thanks for any help, its appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.