Help on new comp.

Well, I'm building a new computer, getting all parts from newegg.com. But, i wanted to know if there was any problems with this system and if the power supply is enough juice.
Below is a list of my components along with prices.

ABIT KG7 $130
AMD Athlon 1.4GHz 266FSB OEM CPU $115
768mb PC-2100 RAM $89.07
CARDEXPERT V87 GeForce 3 $239
Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! Audigy X-Gamer $85
Creative Inspire 5.1 5300 Speakers $99
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 40gb $99
Enermax / Antec, BLACK, 10-Bay, Enermax 330W PS, Server Tower Case $99
Teac 3.5” floppy $10
KDS 19” Trinitron $199.99
Pioneer 16x DVD $63
Creative Labs 12x10x32 CD-Rw (Includes NERO 5.5)
Alpha PAL8045 $39.99
Delta 60mm FFB0612EHE 8000RPM Fan for heatsink $16.99

Is this system ok? Any conflicts?
Any help is greatly appreciated
19 answers Last reply
More about help comp
  1. btw the burner is 79.99
  2. Looks great, except, I'd get an Athlon XP and reduce the RAM a bit. I doubt you need 768MB RAM.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  3. Ok, im gonna get 512 Crucial DDR. And an athlon xp 1600+. 2 other questions. Is the power supply enough? Or shoul i go with a 431watt? And can the KG7 accept the 1600? Or will i need to do a bios update?
  4. you should really get MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU, it has raid built in and 8 USB ports, and supports the XP.
    the PSU is ok, dont think too much about it.
    other then that looks great!

<font color=green>
    *K.I.S.S*
    *(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
    </font color=green>
  5. will the KG7 still accept the 1600+ with a bios update? i know one of my friends has a KG7 and absolutely loves it. Thats the only reason i wanted to look at one. Plus i know via chipset have problems with creatvie cards. And is the Delta fan really THAT loud?
  6. yea it should support the 1600+ with bios update, but the performance is much better with the MSI, i think ppl are complaining about the fan too much, u can live with it:)
    i keep my box open at all times, got 6 fans in it plus 2 HD's and its fine, not that much of an issue for me.

<font color=green>
    *K.I.S.S*
    </font color=green>
  7. The kg7's work with the athlon xp's after a bios update, and in case you are planning to ever use up all the RAM slots, you need registered RAM
  8. Yeah, that's great, you don't need a 431W PSU.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  9. The Delta fan really is THAT loud. Go to www.sidewindercomputers.com and click on "Hear Our Fans". They have a good selection of fans to listen from along with their airflow.

:lol: <b>Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island. Discuss!</b> :lol:
  10. I would personally say that a Delta fan isn't so much loud as it is high pitched. It's the pitch of the fan that makes it annoying.

11. I agree. I still find my delta annoying. I will never get used to it. One of these days I will do something about it.
  12. I've had my Delta fan for 3 months now, I think I can say I've gotten used to it.

13. I ditched my delta for a 80>60mm converter and an 80mm sunon, now I can sleep.

~Matisaro~
    "The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
    ~Tbird1.3@1.5~
  14. lol, don't put your PC in your bedroom if you want it on 24/7!

15. My wifes computer is in the diningroom/den, so I am stuck having mine in my bedroom.

~Matisaro~
    ~Tbird1.3@1.5~
  16. All mine are in teh living room. I haven't run the ethernet to the bedrooms yet :/

Once I do I may use one in the bedrooms...probably one of the notebooks, since they are smaller footprint and I can use them in bed...

Not that any of this info really matters to anyone...but me...

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
  17. I have ethernet going to my bedroom, my origional plan was to use my 135 gig raid array as a media server to my house, but the delta made keeping it on 24/7 unbearable.

~Matisaro~
    ~Tbird1.3@1.5~
  18. 2 rigs lan 1 gateway(which is in my bedroom), old computer doesnt make so much nois as it doesnt need as many fans..

<font color=green>
    *K.I.S.S*
    </font color=green>
  19. <A HREF="http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/selector/index.htm " target="_new">http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/selector/index.htm </A>
    Try going to this site it has a power supply work throught to see if the size is what you need
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs