Windows 7 genuine but not activated

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,

Today i had this sudden blackout and obviously turned off my pc while it was on use. When the power went abck on and i turned on my pc it was asking me for a valdiation of my windows.

I went to the properties to check if it was true that my windows wasnt genuine just to find out the validation was there and wasn´t asking again for the serial.

I searched for a while diffrent fixes or st least what caused this. I can´t make windows update, can´t use backgrounds and when i try to open Window Activation Update just deosn´t let me.

I don´t have the serial or the window disk at least not in hand. It was already installed by the company who built up my pc.

I have window 7 ultimate 64 bit.

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Check your time and date are set correctly. Can mess with activation and Windows updates.

And normally to active you would just:

- Start
- Right-click computer > Properties
- Scroll down to the bottom and it will say if Windows is activated. If not, will have an option to activate now.

Even if your OS was pre-installed you should still have a COA sticker somewhere with the product key. I'm sure it's illegal to sell without.

bignastyid

Titan
Was it a local shop or a big OEM? I have heard of local shops that build systems and install pirated OS's(so they make more money). If its genuine it should have a COA sticker that has the 25 digit product key. The Big OEMs(hp, dell, etc) will place the sticker on the case.

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
it is a clone like pc. But no there´s nothing. It is a local shop yet expanded thru all my country. About false or not i couldn´t say. I have been with them for about 2 years now and it has been genuine for the past years untill now.

It does says GENUINE and ACTIVATED but it doesn´t feel like. It asks me the activation when i try to search for windows updates and such.

Once again not sure what you mean with pre installed or at least whata re you trying to mean with it. As a clone, built up pc i think or believe (Most likely im wrong) it all comes clean, new peices and such and then installed. Well yeah, it was pre installed if this is what you meant.

bignastyid

Titan
Sorry, but if they didn't include a COA sticker its not a legal version. There are cracked version that will say they are genuine and activated and will even work for a long time without issue. I would contact the shop it was purchased from first and if they dont help, contact Microsoft. I have seen Microsoft offer big discounts to buy a genuine version if you tell them all you can about the pirates who installed the OS.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Despite what you say, I don`t believe you have had it for two years to be honest.
I mean if automatic updates were enabled you would of got that message along time ago.
Not just in the last few days. And in any case its obvious you have had updates enabled and Wga has been downloaded and installed, seen it was a black listed key and killed of windows due to it, nag screen and all. The very fact it has no COA sticker anywhere on the case or you were not even provided with a Genuine windows Dvd and it was pre installed tells you everything.
Anyway if want to find out what key was entered Use this.
But if it was black listed, then I suggest you go out and buy a retail copy.
More than likely it is black listed by Microsoft though.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

rikimanu

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

I did had it for 2 years now. I donwloaded every single window update until now where it asks me to ¨reactivate¨.

Youa re asuming it is a fake key and i don´t blame you. The thigns done in this country aren´t exactly the best way nor how supposed but yet again doesnt make it right. But now i can assume that so fast. Even if i beleive what you are saying is the most common thing it is just weird that after a turning on my pc and going thru the fix start up window (yes i frogot toa dd that, when i turned on my pc instead of initiating normally it automatically went to window start up fix ¨option¨ and then this happens.)

i already found my key early on and going to try it right after the reboot. The blackout happened today and today was when this appeared. Now what i don´t understand is how i can keep using the pc normally and the genuine logo still is in the computer properties. Maybe the fake window is doing so but im not entirely sure. First time this ever happens.