firewalls

My new 8400 comes with Windows XP of course. Does it have a good
enough firewall for use on a dial-up modem or should I stick with the
Norton Firewall I use with WIN98?
1 answer Last reply
More about firewalls

    It's not a question of what kind of modem you have. The essential difference
    between Windows Firewall and just about any third-party product is that
    Windows firewall is not designed to inform you when malware on your computer
    is attempting to connect to the Internet. Third party firewalls also have
    add-ons, like cache cleaners, to try to distinguish themselves from the
    competition.

    Use Norton Firewall if you like, but you'll need a version that is
    compatible with Windows XP and you'll need to run Live Update to get
    Symantec's updates for SP 2.

    Just remember not to run two software firewalls at the same time. Choose
    Windows Firewall or a third party product.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    <ronj@renc.igs.net> wrote in message
    > My new 8400 comes with Windows XP of course. Does it have a good
    > enough firewall for use on a dial-up modem or should I stick with the
    > Norton Firewall I use with WIN98?

Dell Firewalls Dial Up Connection Windows XP Computers