2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? not too important (14"+ fine)
3. What screen resolution do you want? not too important
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? not hugely important (1hr + fine)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Starcraft 2 - low or medium fine
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) based internet usage (e-mail primarily), skype, nothing too intensive
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? honestly 100GB+ is probably fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. whatever site is fine, just wondering if used laptops suck or what (hear it can be bad for the battery)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1 year (more is fine, but minimum 1 year)... really don't need it for too long
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer (writer not essential though, can give it up)... player probably good
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I honestly have no preference... more inexpensive is better though...
13. What country do you live in? USA (ill be using this for a year while im in china, but ill be buying it here first)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. i do not need a video camera or mic (i have a logitech webcam), so that's not vital... i really just want the least expensive thing i can find that will last a year and run sc2 SMOOTHLY on low or med settings
-I kinda lean towards XP, but would be willing to do 7, but i really don't enjoy vista .
-ram: kinda into ram haha 2gb would be nice as a minimum
I kinda don't like my computer to 'think' too much, so however much ram causes that to diminish/disappear would be great.