Separate audio from speakers and headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello, I know there's similar topics to this here, but none of them have the same kind of problem. I have 3 jacks, so I can get audio output from 2 sources, and audio input from another. My problem is, when I plug in both my headphones and speakers, I get all the audio output from my computer from them both at the same time. I want to just get the audio from my Steam voice chat on the headphones and the audio from my game from my speakers, as I am fond of making videos with FRAPS and don't want the voice recorded. I know it is possible to split the audio, but when I go to my playback devices in my sound options, all that's there is speakers, no headphones. It would appear that my headphones and speakers both register as speakers at the same time. Is there any way I can fix this?

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I'm not really all that good with this stuff...

Solution
Go into your realtek audio manager. If there isn't an icon in the bottom right, go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager. In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.

If this isn't possible, there is no software solution. You could get a usb to 3.5mm jack. This is how I do it.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Try setting Headphones as the default communications device

Speakers as the default device

You can do this by

Right Click on Speakers Icon in the Tray
Playback Devices

Right Click on Speakers to set it as Default Device
Right Click on Headphones to set it as Default Communication Devices

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

As I have stated above, the headphones do not show up, only the speakers.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I have 3 jacks, so I can get audio output from 2 sources, and audio input from another

On my mother board at the back panel I have 3 jacks

3 Audio jacks: line-out, line-in and mic-in.

So I USE the back panel to connect speakers in to LINE-OUT jack

On the FRONT PANEL I have 2 Audio jacks: line-out, mic-in.

And use the front panel to connect HEADPHONES and MIC.

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Um...I have no idea what you just said. I know nothing about hardware. If I did, I wouldn't have to come to fourms for help, no disrespect intended to you. I'm going to to make and educated guess here and assume you are talking about a tower. I have a laptop, an Alienware Mx14.

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Well...can you help me with my laptop? Without anything involving the hard wear? I'm not that great with computers, though I do have some basic knowledge of soft wear and can follow directions.

Go into your realtek audio manager. If there isn't an icon in the bottom right, go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager. In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.

If this isn't possible, there is no software solution. You could get a usb to 3.5mm jack. This is how I do it.

Solution

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I don't seem to have that program. What that supposed to come with my laptop? Where can I get it?

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Ah, yes, I do seem to have Sound Blaster. Is there a way to do that on there as well? I'm looking though the settings, but I can't find it...

Mecuniv

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

*Sigh* Of course...
Is there a way for me to get Realtek HD Audio manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.