XP install on a Dell

I installed XP on a dell and the system starts to boot then powers
down and the video goes off. What can I do to get it going again using
regular XP Pro?

"Howard Huntley" <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I installed XP on a dell and the system starts to boot then powers
> down and the video goes off. What can I do to get it going again using
> regular XP Pro?

What model and number Dell system?

are you saying that it continiously reboots? clean install or upgrade?
sp2? that is the model, size of disk and memory?