Choosing netbook/laptop in Canada

Hi guys im going to Canada for a year and ill be buying a notebook/netbook there and ill be traveling a lot. The only requirements i have for it is to have an hdmi port and if possible a spare sata slot to add an ssd card and keep the stock hdd for storage. I will be running ubuntun on it so i dont know if that changes anything. Im looking for something under 350cad but i could go up if its worth it. I dont know where to buy in Canada or online so i could use a few pointers ( im from Southamerica).

Thank you!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about choosing netbook laptop canada
  1. anyone? =(
  2. A netbook is within your budget, but will not have the features you want. A laptop with the features that you want is going to cost significantly more than 350 CAD.
  3. @ BestBuy Canada website:
    Asus 15.6" model K52F-HIN6 $400
    Pentium P6200 CPU, 3GB RAM and 500GB hard drive
    A reasonably powerful, decently equipped general purpose laptop.
  4. @ BestBuy Canada website:
    Acer Aspire 11.6" Netbook model AS1551-3671 $370
    AMD Athlon II Neo Dual-Core K325 1.3Ghz CPU, 3GB RAM 320GB HDD, 11.6" 1366x768 LCD w/ ATI Mobility HD 4225 graphics
    A bit underpowered for heavy multi-tasking. And unfortunately you're paying about $70 for a copy of Windows you don't need.

You could always add a SSD and get an USB external casing for the original HDD and work things that way.
  5. balibesnier said:
    Hi guys im going to Canada for a year and ill be buying a notebook/netbook there and ill be traveling a lot. The only requirements i have for it is to have an hdmi port and if possible a spare sata slot to add an ssd card and keep the stock hdd for storage. I will be running ubuntun on it so i dont know if that changes anything. Im looking for something under 350cad but i could go up if its worth it. I dont know where to buy in Canada or online so i could use a few pointers ( im from Southamerica).

Thank you!!!

I am a Canadian and I would like to extend a warm Canadian welcome to you. I do hope you enjoy my beautiful country and our friendly people here. I have a thread already made and I'll give you the link. If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me. :sol:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/60098-35-general-laptop-advice
  6. thanks a lot guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Netbooks