Up to 2K if it's worth it. I'm not thinking budget more what do i need vs. what it will cost
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15” screen will do
3. What screen resolution do you want?
As high as needed
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as posible
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Mass Effect 1,2,3
Dragon age 1,2
City of heroes
High resolution would be nice
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video watching, movies and such
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years but I only HAVE to have it for the rest of the year
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No real preference
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm being deployed with the military on short notice. I'll be gone for 6 months and I need a game/movie machine for while I’m gone. Weight is an issue as is room so I'm trying to avoid the big machines. I don't know alot about laptop brands and such. All i really know is that you can't really upgrade a laptop once you buy it so you have to spend more than i did to build my new desktop last year. Any direction you can give would be great.
Also I'm on really short notice here so mail-order has to be quick, I would prefer to get it at a retailer instead.
This is really a short term use machine. I go on short deployments though throughout the year so I'd like to keep using it, but I'm not looking to replace my new desktop either. So the budget is being driven more by my needs than the other way around. (I can pay upto 2K for a laptop, but I don't really want to unless it's really worth it, if that makes sense.)