Status
Not open for further replies.

zingaliam

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hello again,

currently i'm looking to buy a HP DV9000 (brand new ex display model) but i was wondering a few things. I know this would be perfect for gaming (my purpose for buying a laptop) but i've heard there is ALOT of issues with the DV9000 motherboard and graphics card causing irreversable damage.

My question is, would it be worth it to buy a laptop of this type, considering the consequences of failure?
Here are the specs too:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core Duo Processor T2250 1.73GHz x 2
4GB DDR2 MEMORY
1TB 5400RPM SATA HARD DRIVE
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256MB dedicated + 1279MB shared total 1535MB Video Memory Prefect for GAMING!
Nice crisp 17" BrightView Widescreen 1440 x 900
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + 1.3 MP Webcam
CD/DVD Double Layer Writer
Wireless, Lan, Bluetooth, Modem
4 x USB 2.0
HDMI output, VGA and S-Video output
SD MS/PRO MMC XD card reader
8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery up to 3 hours battery life
Full 101-key alphanumeric keypad (with numpad)
Altec Lansing Speakers

That graphics will hardly play any game on low unless this is meant for old games. Shared memory is irrelevant, every computer has shared memory, it could have 100gbs of shared memory and perform the same with none as it is just too weak before the amount of memory will make a difference.

Edit: I read your other post. There are better choices in your budget especially if you're looking for used.

zingaliam

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Could you please tell me what some other good laptops are for my purpose? And i would mostly be playing older games. By the way, i would probably be playing older games, but maybe some new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.