Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Elcomsoft Uses GPGPU to Speedily Crack WPA/WPA2

Last response: in News comments
January 19, 2009 6:39:15 PM

cool beans! It's just I'm afraid now people will be hacking each other wireless networks and taking personal data like credit cards and such...
Score
January 19, 2009 6:50:32 PM

That is why I use a 62 character key (AES) and it is not in any dictionary.
TACACS+ server for SOHO networks? I guess we will have to really soon.
Score
January 19, 2009 6:51:56 PM

looks like crossfire works at least, considering that the 4870x2 got twice the performance of the 4870. (according to their chart) though, this program isn't new, i read about it back in october if im not mistaken.

http://www.elcomsoft.com/ewsa.html
Score
January 19, 2009 6:53:53 PM

You can already crack WPA/WPA2 extremely easily. This just cuts down on the time needed to do so.
Score
Anonymous
January 19, 2009 7:52:33 PM

Don´t worry, be happy.
You can use a random password and store it in a pendrive, is very easy.

You can use this page to generate it:

http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

With a random pass nobody can crack you Wifi.

Use de calculator 105^63/pass per sec. There are a lot of years.
Score
January 19, 2009 9:34:43 PM

This peice has been reported by THG 3 times now. It's getting old.
Score
Anonymous
January 20, 2009 12:54:33 PM

What if you wireless router doesn't broadcast the SSID? Does that make things more secure?
Score
Anonymous
January 20, 2009 1:23:09 PM

Micyia001, the basic answer is yes, it would be more secure. It would be like giving a folder the hidden attribute. Normally people wouldn't see it, but if they turned on "view hidden files" then they could. Likewise, if someone was looking around with a spectrum analyzer (which aren't terribly expensive if you're into war-driving) and launch kismet, etc. then it didn't matter if you turned off broadcasting.

In the real world, war-drivers or even people trying to cause trouble would just move on to easier targets. If it's a neighbor with some time, or someone specifically targeting a person, then turning off broadcasting wouldn't matter.
Score
Anonymous
January 20, 2009 9:07:26 PM

old news. Already made a comment in an article months ago showing that software. doh
Score
Anonymous
October 11, 2012 4:12:49 AM

Elcomsoft Wireless Auditor is great software. Well for Dictionary Brute Forcing. I could seem to setup a true Brute Force trying every combination. eg aaa, aab, aac. I know this takes alot longer but alot more people are learning no to use dictionary words. Any ideas how to achieve this???
Score
!