Recovery Failed

kevrod79

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2013
Dear all,

I have an Acer laptop that I have done a full factory reset on. After the reset completes, the laptop reboots and goes straight into the repair option. It never actually boots into Windows. I have a Windows 7 HP 64bit image on a pen drive that I have tried to boot into. It gets as far as the Setup is Starting screen and hangs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

RealBeast

Titan
I would download a fresh legitimate Win 7 HP x64 (assuming that is the system that is already on the ACER and you have the key for on the sticker on the machine) from DIGITAL RIVER and either burn it to a DVD or re-create the USB key using the MICROSOFT TOOL and start over.

Unless there is data that you need, I would do a custom install and unpartition all partitioned spaces and then install to the remaining single unpartitioned space. Have all the latest drivers handy for after the install. You also will have to use the correct F key for the ACER to make it boot from the media of your choice. And insure that you are working from a USB 2.0 port if you use a USB stick, it won't work from USB 3.0 because the drivers are installed later in the process.